Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple AR's and I am looking to upgrade what I have. I need some opinions as to what is the best sling on the market.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Many different brands out there, but my favorite are the ones that are capable of transitioning fron 2-point to 1-point.

Also, pay attention to the type of clasp they use.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I have a Magpul MS3 that works well for me. Not perfect and the "pull tab" for adjusting it seems to be backwards where you have to pull the thing UP to snug instead of down..... for the sale price it was ok. Still tweaking it, and that may get put on my M&P15-22 or the shotgun if I can't get it worked out right

Also have a SpecOps Gear which is a better quality IMO and works well, but for me, it is a bit too big ... but if I am wearing heavy clothes, or needed to wear body-armor it would be pretty good.

Patrol Sling - Slings | Rifle, Gun & Tactical Slings

If you go for that one, make sure you get the quick-connect clips, otherwise it will just come with the sling fabric loops for attachment.

Both are convertible 2pt to 1 pt.

I would also suggest taking a look at the Blue Force Gear / Larry Vickers slings... they have some great reviews.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I just got my SavvySniper QUAD sling and absolutely love it. The adjustable function is super easy to use, and the quality is top notch as each one is made by hand. It also converts from two point to one point, which is nice if you don't know what kind you want. After playing with it, I can say I'll likely never use it in one point configuration but it's nice to have the option.

Savvy Sniper

FYI, I shelled out a bit extra for the "QUAD X Cobra" which includes all aircraft grade aluminum buckles and hardware. It was pricey, but I consider the sling to be the single most important accessory on your rifle. You can put together a backup plan for every other accessory, but if your sling fails you can do nothing with your hands but hold your rifle...

The company has tons of options and each sling is custom made to order based on your size and stature, as well as what attachment points you want to utilize (QD and HK hooks obviously being the most popular).

Warning***Wait time for my sling was just over two weeks...but for what I received it was well worth it.

-----

But if you want something a little lower priced, check out the 5.11 VTAC. I like the one I have and still use it to provide stability with my precision AR, as well as when coyote hunting. However the looped adjustment on the QUAD sling allows me to loosen or tighten the sizing with only one finger making it very intuitive and really fast....

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 for the Savvy Sniper Slings

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have one of the Magpul MS3 slings, hate it. It's extremely heavy and has what appears to make it a loop sling but the loop is not adjustible and serves no apparent purpose other than to weigh it down more. I also have a cheap nylon generic sling which came with my DTI rifle I like alot better. Slings with hooks will be noisy compared to quick disconnect ones.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
I'm getting a VTAC

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I run the VTAC. There are pros and cons. Pro is when your adjusting the length you can do it faster and it's more adjustable. The con is the dangling strap can be annoying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts