Springfield XD Forum banner

From personal experience, Best Sites for the XD? (credit goes to DNM for this question)

• Tritium Night Sights

• 24/7 XS Sights

• Heinie (sp?)

• Plain Fiber Optic (pick your company)

• TruGlo TFOs

• Adjustable Fiber Optics

• Other (please post)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I will agree the group that selected the TFO sights as a great overall sights. That said, my XDs are competition machines, and I am partial to Dawson sights, with an adjustable rear.

Great poll, Chrome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My opinion is the Meprolite Tritium.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use, and plan to continue using, the factory sights on the pistol. I have no problem with aftermarket sights, I just have no desire to use them (or shell out my limited cash reserves).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bo-mars!
Rich

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like my 24/7 because they're taller than the usual pistol sights. However it's somewhat of an acquired taste.. e.g. once you acquire them for $120 you'd better learn to like them J/K. I have them on all my auto-loading pistols.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
My HK sports tritium sights from Ameriglo. I have done dry fire practice w/ it in extreme low light, sighting on a white switchplate cover on the wall and the sights are extremely quick to aquire and very bright. Whatever sights I use, I make sure that the forward facing side on the rear sight has a good straight wall on it to use as a lever point in case of a serious jam malfunction.

I am considering a set of TFO sights for the XD after hearing some good reviews on them, but I wish bobert1 would get a set first so I can see if I like them. :wink:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I noticed that it said the sights are "For SIG 225/6/8/9/PRO Big Dot Tritium Express Night Sight" How do you know that they will also work on the xd? do they work on the sc too, I would imagine so... these are the type I would like to buy. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
packingasubcompact said:
I noticed that it said the sights are "For SIG 225/6/8/9/PRO Big Dot Tritium Express Night Sight" How do you know that they will also work on the xd? do they work on the sc too, I would imagine so... these are the type I would like to buy. Thanks for the help.
The dovetails on the XD are cut the same as the Sig 226.

I have these on an XD-9 Sub-Compact.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I thought the TFO's on the subcompact I just sold were great but after getting my new Kimber with Meprolights I have to say the Meprolights are better than the TFO's in low light, probably due to the sapphire lenses in the Meps.

The TFO's were definately better in daylight but not so much as to make the meps crappy in bright light.

My vote is for Meprolights :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't see Trjicons on that list. ANyone running them and what are your thoughts? Thanks.

-Mike

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
gotboost562 said:
I didn't see Trjicons on that list. ANyone running them and what are your thoughts? Thanks.
I thought the same thing. I just use stock sights but have been told by friends that Trijcons are real nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok Here Goes

I am torn between The following sights for my 4"XD for Police Service.

1. Heinie straight 8 sights , I have on a G#$%k and like em.

2.Truglo TFO'S , never tried em and hear I may have POA problems...

And comments ? Suggestions ? Experiances ?

Thanks
Happy NeW Year

EBPD14

1 - 20 of 42 Posts