Awesome!

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
That is awesome!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
In high school the teacher for economics was a B52 navigator. He didn't accept any reason for missing his class.
I missed his class once. He said Mr D why were you absent from my class yesterday.
I said taking the ASVAB test and his reply to the whole class was Mr D, absence excused !

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I like. But...

Armed Services duty is part of the fabric of my family, historically and in the present. My family will always properly respect Veteran's Day as a holiday regardless of the recognition or nonrecognition of ANY other "holiday".

Honor those who gave so much of themselves for your freedoms.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Our local school district has school on Veterans' Day. Their reasoning is that students looked at it as just another free day to go screw off. Now, on Veteran's Day the local VFW and American Legion spend the day at the schools and take over for the teachers.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Amen, brother!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Our local school district has school on Veterans' Day. Their reasoning is that students looked at it as just another free day to go screw off. Now, on Veteran's Day the local VFW and American Legion spend the day at the schools and take over for the teachers.
That's a cool idea but it still irks me a little that public schools take off MLK day....

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I've never understood why schools are closed for MLK day, but not President's Day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My high school was in session for MLK Day.
Mine was too when I went through (graduated in '06), but they're off now.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I would have guessed you were older than that for some reason.
Is it because of my striking intellectual posts?

No? Well, it was worth a try... ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That is good as long as the teachers stayed and learned something from those who served?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts