Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a great range bag with lockable compartments, magazine holders, etc..

Is there a model that's most popular? Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just received the following range bag, and am extremely happy with it!

It is made by tac-force, and after spending way to much time searching the net, I ordered it from Airsoft Atlanta

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/tactical.htm

(scroll way down to find the bag)

tough to beat the price, $39.99. Airsoft was great to deal with, all online, shipped next day, received it two days after that. They do not take phone orders, but did answer questions on the phone.

The bag is set-up nicely, two padded pistol pouches in outer side pockets, plus 7 sewn in magazine pouches. Extra compartments on either end, and 2 adjustable dividers in the main compartment. It is a big bag, 22" overall length. Compared to similar bags by I-Shot and others, it is a hell of a deal.....

oh yeah, and before TASF jumps on this post, you can carry an XD in the bag.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for these. I've heard that some bags have lockable separate compartments to make them legal for hauling around. Do these do that? I can't quite tell..

·
Registered
802 Posts
dtjobrien said:
Thanks for these. I've heard that some bags have lockable separate compartments to make them legal for hauling around. Do these do that? I can't quite tell..
you lock the pistol compartments in the I-Shot Big boy's bag, the locks would have to be small and would not stop someone from breaking them, but it would satisfy the law..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chrome said:
dtjobrien said:
you lock the pistol compartments in the I-Shot Big boy's bag, the locks would have to be small and would not stop someone from breaking them, but it would satisfy the law..
So does this bag come with the locks? Or do I have to get them? I was also looking at Uncle Mike's deluxe range bag, and wondering if anyone has one, and how it might compare to the I-Shot.

·
Registered
802 Posts
dtjobrien said:
chrome said:
dtjobrien said:
So does this bag come with the locks? Or do I have to get them? I was also looking at Uncle Mike's deluxe range bag, and wondering if anyone has one, and how it might compare to the I-Shot.
ud have to but some luggage locks...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Uncle Mike's Deluxe and I think it's great. It's not as big as the I-Shot Pro but that's exactly why I liked it. It's a nice compact size bag but still carries 2-3 pistols, ears etc. No Problem. I can lock the two side compartments with a small master lock. You can't lock the large center compartment. It comes with one pistol rug. I added a second one myself. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have any real magazine pouches. It has pockets you can put them in though. I think it's pricey compared to what you get with the I-Shot but as I said it fit my specific need exactly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm an $8 range bagger here! And proud of it! :) That first one's pretty darn cool though.

Matthew

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use a round duffle bag that was a free give-a-way gift for selling Wiel-McClain boilers. It ain't much, but it carries a cleaning kit, up to three pistols in their cases, muffs, and a stapler. I carry my holsters, speed loaders, and paper targets in a 5 gallon bucket that I also use to put my brass in while shooting, and I carry my ammo in a 50 Caliber mil-surp ammo can.

Since I do a lot of Bullseye shooting, I'd like to build a gun cart similar to what the CAS guys use, but mine would be designed for handgun shooting only. I want to build a box that will carry at least 4 guns in their cases and lock, another compartment for ammo, and a third for my cleaning kit, and other accessories. It'll also have a place for my binoculars, and paper targets. I want to build it onto a hand truck so I can wheel it out to the firing line...

I figure a sheet of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood, a light duty hand truck, and whatever hardware I'll need shouldn't run me much over $75.00.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts