Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Hellcat OSP. I want a RDS and the WASP checks off all the boxes. It seems the others on the market has some issues that I don't care for(can't co witness, needs plate or screws etc). So who has the best deal on a WASP right now?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
The Hex website at Springfield has them at $299. Optics Planet $265 and they try to sell a warranty with it $310, but not in stock. Hex website includes lifetime warranty, so they are cheaper to my mind.

I have bought from both places in the distant past, Optic's Planet was a little faster

Brownell's are $269, but not in stock. Midway and Cabela's not stocked at all.

Reactions: BrianXIX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hex website at Springfield has them at $299. Optics Planet $265 and they try to sell a warranty with it $310, but not in stock. Hex website includes lifetime warranty, so they are cheaper to my mind.

I have bought from both places in the distant past, Optic's Planet was a little faster

Brownell's are $269, but not in stock. Midway and Cabela's not stocked at all.
Thank You! This is what I found also, now I'm just hoping someone has them in stock under MSRP.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I would only buy from Springfield right now. They had a batch of defective ones that drained the battery prematurely and could still be in other third party vendors inventory. I had mine replaced by SA and it seems to be working now so I think their stock should all be from the upgraded supply.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I got to try out my Wasp-equipped Hellcat RDP today. Aside from the shots being about 2" left at 10-ish yards, it works great. I forgot to pack the tool to adjust it, so I just used the irons for the rest of the range trip. It was more a trip to function check the gun than anything. Ran FMJ and a mix of HST's and Gold Dots just fine. It'll take some getting used to finding the dot on a RDS that small, but I'll just have to practice with it more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently purchased a Hellcat OSP. I want a RDS and the WASP checks off all the boxes. It seems the others on the market has some issues that I don't care for(can't co witness, needs plate or screws etc). So who has the best deal on a WASP right now?
Thanks in advance
Not sure if you’ve got to handle one or not but they have the constant flash/ flicker. It’s not a solid on. You may like it but I know a lot who returned or sold them.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Mine is absolutely solid. No flicker at all. Viewed through a camera on video, they may appear to flicker due to shutter speed. I know people were saying early models flicker, and that's probably true. But whatever caused that problem appears to have been solved.
Same here. No flicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts