Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thought just popped in my head after reading the thread about another reason why Wally World sucks. Where are your favorite places to buy ammo from? A certain local sports shop? an Online website? As you can imagine, our campus gun club purchases several tens of thousands of ammo at a time. We get some through a local outdoor shop (Gander Mountain). We buy alot of our .223 and 30-06 off of www.cheaperthandirt.com because we are able to get old military ammo decently cheap. Who are your suppliers?

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I brought my first batch of ammo (Blazer CCI) from natchesz but the shipping was kinda expensive so I brought some WWB from the local shop for $8.99 a box and I like the way the WWB feels. This is in 9mm btw.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Too bad U don't have an Academy Sports store in your area (they are a chain, but I don't think they go that far north) - they have some very cheap ammo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in Virginia, where I am from, we have about 1 gunshow a month. A company called Georgia Arms, www.georgia-arms.com is usually there. They sell great ammo, most I believe, is new load from Speer. I buy their ammo in bulk, like 500-1000 rounds for around $100-$200. You can order from them online, but would have to pay shipping. The ammo is sold in the green military .30 cal ammo cans. This is about the best deal I have found and the ammo is pretty much anything you want like 124+P's for 9mm to 230+P's for .45's. Again though, I am fortunate to have gun shows as often as I do here!! Hope this helps everyone!!!

R. Wayne Donovan

·
Registered
320 Posts
9mm
1000 of the TC Fiocchi is $149 shipped.
1000 of WWB from Wally after 8.5% tax is 140.72.

(that's buying the 100pk for $11.97. Some people can still get the 50pk for less than $5, in which case you really can't beat Wally)

-=Whittey=-

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones that can get WWB 115 gr 9mm Luger for $4.63 for a box of 50 at Walmart. Academy sells the same thing for $5.98 but they do price-match Walmart.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I get almost all my ammor from Walmart. Just picked up 15x100 rounds of WWB 230 45 ACP, 2x100 Remington (all they had) and 1x50 WWB. Every time I go in I buy every little bit the have in 45 ACP.

My brother in Law Loads his own, and buy's in bilk fropm Gun shows. He saves a few bucks here and there, but I rahter pay a little extra for convinience and Factory ammo....

that's just me.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Sportsman's Guide, 1000 rounds of S&B 124gr 9mm for $123 plus shipping. You can find a $10 discount coupon on the internet anytime making the shipping about $4, comes to $6.35 a box, no tax. Much better ammo than WWB.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
In my area, Walmart sells there WWB now nearly 2 dollars more than they did last year, so I said screw them, both Walmart and Winchester. The only thing I don't undestand is how people keep posting WWB at 4.86, it my area its already 5.86.

Online is really the best way to buy ammo, but ONLY in BULK
:p

Gun shows are sometimes a good place to get good prices on bulk ammo also.

Bulk, more expensive upfront, less expensive in the long run.

In the rare occurances I buy ammo at Academy or Walmart, I only buy Blazer, usually Aluminum, sometimes Brass, but Blazer is cheaper and it runs just fine on my guns.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
shipwreck said:
Too bad U don't have an Academy Sports store in your area (they are a chain, but I don't think they go that far north) - they have some very cheap ammo.
WHAT did I tell you about that?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wally World for my 9mm WWB. Although I hate going in there their price just can't be beat even using an Internet vendor.

I primarily use Natchez for my .45 ammo although I have also used Midway when they have a good sale. However, I think I am about to enter the world of reloading to cut my .45 costs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts