Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know if that is the cheapest price in the whole world but it is a damn good price. What were you looking to pick them up for? Besides why not support the guys that hang out with you and help answer questions when you have them instead of giving your money to someone you know nothing about? I will buy whatever I can from someone on the board whenever I can. I know I will get my moneys worth and great service. What more could anyone ask for?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
1of2 said:
I don't know if that is the cheapest
price in the whole world but it is a damn good price.
What were you looking to pick them up for? Besides
why not support the guys that hang out with you and
help answer questions when you have them instead
of giving your money to someone you know nothing
about? I will buy whatever I can from someone on the
board whenever I can. I know I will get my moneys
worth and great service. What more could anyone ask
for?
Roger that. I have spent well over four thousand dollars
by purchasing from our sponsors or forum members who
have items for sale. It is all here. Try either company
listed in my sig or the For Sale/Trade area of the forum.

Thank you for your patronage. My phone number is
still BR-541.

Ed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Brad Johnson said:
Why get the 10 rounders when you can buy XD40 mags for (about) the same price and have 15 rounders instead? :twisted:
Brad
+1, go for the 40 10-rounder.

vega

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Because, even tho he probably wouldn't get caught, it's illegal in Calif. to have more than 10 round pistol mags unless you are an leo (or, as in my case, retired leo). Remember, we have a lot more gunhaters in our state.

I bought 3 basically new ones from DJDan on this forum and they work work great. 3 came with my gun also, so I now have 6.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Because, even tho he probably wouldn't get caught, it's illegal in Calif. to have more than 10 round pistol mags unless you are an leo (or, as in my case, retired leo). Remember, we have a lot more gunhaters in our state.
Does that count if the .40 mag is unaltered from it's factory state, but just happens to hold more rounds of a different caliber and function in a different gun?

Brad

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He is tallking 9mm mags...

What are you paying down there for 10 rd. mags? I have two that I don't use... I have three 15's that I use (which is perfecly legal in Oregon).. I would like to buy a couple more, and would be willing to sell the 10 rounders if I can pick up a 15 rounder or two..

(The 15 rd. mags go for $15.95 around here. If that is roughly your price down in Commifornia.. we might be able to work something out.)

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
YIKES!! I just called Sportsmans wharehouse, and the price has gun UP!! $24.95 for each 15 rounder.. SHEESH!! But I am still willing to make the deal.. I could use one more 15 round magazine.. and you still may get a good deal... all I ask is that you pay shipping.

Raymond

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Captain Ray said:
YIKES!! I just called Sportsmans wharehouse, and the price has gun UP!! $24.95 for each 15 rounder.. SHEESH!! But I am still willing to make the deal.. I could use one more 15 round magazine.. and you still may get a good deal... all I ask is that you pay shipping.

Raymond

FYI:

CDNN has them for $19.99 :D

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, based on prior posts, you have to tweak the lips of the mag to allow the extra 9mm rounds to fit in. I really don't believe that matter tho, I believe the mere possession of a mag with more than 10 rounds (unless you owned it preban) violates the law.

I was told by a gun show guy (I know, not always a purveyor of truth) that it is a felony to go out of state, buy one and bring across the state lines. Another one told me just talking about it is a crime, as in conspiracy.

Someone else here can probably give you more info.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Curiouser and curiouser...

The facts of the case:

1. The XD 40 10-rounders will function as 15-rounders in a 9mm with no modifications and very little, if any, tweaking.

2. The mags are completely legal, even in Kalifornia

3. The fed regs have no say on any mags that met the 10-round criteria and are not so subtantially altered that they will not function in the gun for which they were designed.

My question:

Is there a California law that applies to using a magazine in a gun that was specifically designed for that gun? If so, does that law apply only to the number of rounds the magazine can hold, or does it stipulate that the usage in a different gun is illegal?

The reason I ask:

I am curious about the way the Cali law approaches this, since fed law says the use of the .40 mags in the 9mm are okay provided the functionality condition has been met.

If there is a law specific to the use of only those magazines designed specifically for that gun, how would this affect the aftermarket magazine manufacturers who make one mag that will fit several different guns?

If there is no specific law then shouldn't it be legal to use the .40 XD mags in the 9mm under the Cali 10-round restriction, provided the mags fit and function in the XD 40 for which they were designed?

Brad

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I just had a conversation with a nice guy who works for the state atty general's office in Ca.

Per 12020 a (2), it is a FELONY to manufacture (tweaking the lips of a mag) or cause to manufacture (he said even if you can just drop the 9mm rounds in without modifying the mag it is construed as cause to manufacture).

Unfortunately, in this gun hating state, the law will be construed as you are in violation. If you tell them you possessed the mag prior to the ban that won't work because the 40 cal. was manufactured post ban.

As far as I'm concerned, 2 more rounds are not worth a felony, losing my ability to have a firearm, or in my case, being prior leo, my 5yr renewable ccw and federal right to carry via HR218. Each to his own tho.

·
Registered
325 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, 2 more rounds are not worth a felony, losing my ability to have a firearm, or in my case, being prior leo, my 5yr renewable ccw and federal right to carry via HR218. Each to his own tho.
It is kinda hard to argue with that reasoning. Probably not a good state to be wandering around in the gray area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts