Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the Houstonian's opinions on the best place to buy a handgun in/around the Houston area.

I've bought from Carter's Country (on Katy frwy) before. They have always been courteous and helpful.

I've also looked a Academy (limited selection, but good prices) and Gander Mtn. (great selection, generally high prices).

Thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The places you mentioned are all good for looking and selecting what you like--sometimes their prices are a little high (but aren't they all); Have you considered attending a gun show and comparing prices? I try to make several and compare; there's one this weekend in Pasadena--small but I would think they would have some XD's; I got my XD40 at one of them--$379 which I think was a great price; I'll be there Sat. morning--going to be looking at 1911's and maybe another CZ to add to my family!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was at a gunshow a few weekends ago and saw the XD's for 399 as well. wish i would have known this last yr when i bought mine for over 450 :roll:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips on the gunshow. I went to one at the George R. Brown convention center in Nov or Dec. I saw some for $379. Just didn't have the cash at the time and I'm a little leary of buying at a gun show (something I need to get over). I should be able to tell is it is new no problem and check to see that the action is working properly as well.

Can't make it to Pasedena this weeked due to work (plus, I still don't have the cash or permission from the Mrs. for this purchase :lol: )

Hopefully this summer I will (and hopefully the prices won't go up a ton.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the gun show a couple of weeks ago at the Reliant Center. Bachmann Pawn and Doc Walthers both had xd's for $360.00 plus tax. They will be at the gun show at the Brown Convention center Feb. 12 and 13. It pays to go to the gun shows an look around for what you want.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i got mine at Carters Country, but thats only cause they had the best deal or i wouldnt have bought anything from that store. i think it was like 400, this was back in november.

the best place to find deals is the Houston gun show, they hold 4 a year... i've seen XDs there for $350(right after i bought my XD... go figure :roll:). there should be annother show comming soon.

there are other stores that usually have good prices: Fountain firearms, Collectors Firearms, and Jim Pruett Guns and Ammo.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
In Houston? Hell, I think the only place you cannot buy an XD might be HEB!

Seriously, though, I bought mine from Carters Country, when they ran a special and bought a bulk shipment. Normally, their list price is average at best.

Gander Mtn. does have some good prices, but I'd try a gunshow. Too bad you cannot make the Pasadena one...thats usually a great little show and you don't have to deal with downtown.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
885 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
I've bought from Carter's Country (on Katy frwy) before.
That's where I got mine. $417 out the door.
Fountain Firearms has decent prices too.
I like to shop at Collectors Firearms, but I don't buy there. They're too high. They have the best selection by far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts