Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EMP? Financial collapse and no fuel? No problem with this baby!

Momentum

Anybody ever use one of these?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Not that fancy, but yea ... They work when they work, and they really suck when they need sharpening, or you catch a big twig/rock.

If you've got a small yard, I'd get an electric, and if it's SHTF time, stop mowing the lawn ;)

·
Registered
19,974 Posts
they work fine in a completely twig free lawn.
My first house had a pretty small lawn, so I decided to get Mom's old reel mower sharpened. I got stopped every 2' by the 4th time I quit. I eventually sold it for about what the resharpen cost.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I used to use a reel mower. Decided it was much easier to go rent a push mower on base for $4 than to hassle with the thing. Still have it somewhere.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Holy moly! $250 for that?!?!?

Man, when I was a young kid, most people had push mowers for their lawns, if they had anything. Like this one ...

I pushed one around our lawn until I was about ten years old when my Dad finally got a power mower. The key was to keep the blades real sharp, but twigs and rocks were killers ...

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I've used my friend's, he purchased it from Home Depot. It cuts a very narrow path but is very easy to push and I was actually surprised at how much grass was cut in 15 min. Not very effective with long grass and not an effective mulcher either. Still, it has a place with small, flat lawns.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I've used my friend's, he purchased it from Home Depot. It cuts a very narrow path but is very easy to push and I was actually surprised at how much grass was cut in 15 min. Not very effective with long grass and not an effective mulcher either. Still, it has a place with small, flat lawns.
Very small, flat lawns.

For less than an acre, I'll never buy any other mower, ever again.
Plug it in and go, zero maintenance, and they are $150 and up, unless you catch a sale.

·
Registered
329 Posts
... stop mowing the lawn ;)
Are you kidding me? I'm sure it would take more than the Apocalypse to get the HOA off your butt! :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
"EMP? Financial collapse and no fuel? No problem with this baby!"

Iam out in the country.. 7 acres of mowing.. Iam thinkin its gonna grow out or might have to get a couple of goats and sheep to keep the lawn down. Not a chance Iam pushin 1 of them mowers again.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you kidding me? I'm sure it would take more than the Apocalypse to get the HOA off your butt! :D
That's what I was thinking! Mail service will have been stopped for 3 months and you'll still get a nasty letter from them!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

This one costs the same and you can eat it when the S smacks.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Well, IF I get hungry I'd rather eat the goat than the push mower...

and if times are that hard, I won't really care about the lawn being tall!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts