Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out what the best OWB holster is for a 4" XD or 3.8 Compact. I'm not a big fan of IWB because I don't prefer to buy new sets of jeans. Not too worried about printing. Something that keeps it snug to my waist is preferred. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Best? That's a matter of opinion. The leather holsters look nice. Some have the thumb snap or are opentop....... depends on how well you want your pistol secured. I like my blackhawk serpa. And eventually I would like to get ones of the exotic leather holsters.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a Gould & Goodrich xd4 I got on eBay for about 18 bucks used. Darn good little holster, has a thumbbreak and can be carried at two different cants. Rides tight to the hip. They are a little pricey new though.

Have a fobus rotor holster I got when I got my first xd many moons ago, ok for the range but not a great carry holster unless you have a steel belt.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
my husband and I love our TTGunleather holsters. we have 3 more on the way.

I just checked them out, very nice! I may be getting a 3"1911 soon and would like a medium high rise for it. How do those ride on the belt?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just checked them out, very nice! I may be getting a 3"1911 soon and would like a medium high rise for it. How do those ride on the belt?
here are some better pics i just posted in another thread. you can see where the belt runs through the loops on the back, and it sits very close to your body. "medium high" is kind of subjective but it is very comfortable and positions the handle of the gun at a good angle for a comfortable draw, for me at least. my husband carries his g19 either in a ttgunleather snap pancake like this one or an IWB reinforced mouth like you can see in my sig if you want better pictures. i don't have any pictures of me wearing it, and i'm 37 weeks pregnant so that's not happening right now, lol. definitely worth the 24 week wait to get one, between us we have 5 right now and another 3 on order :)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
OK, you very well may have talked me into it. I would say its between this and an Alessi.

Thankss!

By the way, I think women worry too much about people seeing them when prego. I think most men understand the facts of life when it comes to that and I'm sure your husband still thinks your as attractive now as before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Xd's are roughly the same dimension. I purchased a Aker 168 xr12 ( thumb break) it's a flatsider or a pancake holster. If you have a compact Xd order the holster for the service and you will have one holster for two guns.
The model 160 is also a good holster. I just don't think you can do everything with one holster. Range holster, inside the waistband, pancake they all have time and place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts