Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck Rogers has out done himself on this IMO. :D I'm in love with my new beauty. :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
wow very nice looking :shock::-o

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the before...until tonight. :D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kimber 9mm with a Chuck Rogers fitted 38 Super Kart NM barrel and bushing.:D

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
IMHO, the best looking 1911 is the one you own!:D However your pics make a person become jealous, real fast!!!;)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the before pic. :D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMHO, the best looking 1911 is the one you own!:D However your pics make a person become jealous, real fast!!!;)
True and thanks. Should've titled it best looking Kimber? LOL!

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Very nice, indeed!

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
A very workman-like pistol.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, but there was some room for improvement on the "original". It's still a 1911. Just improved. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Better look again that is not a 1911a1. A1 has the reliefs in the trigger area.
Arched mainspring housing and short trigger. It's a 1911A1.

·
21,874 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I don't think it gets much more beautiful than a pre-70 series commercial Colt with a highly polished blued finish.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
for some reason I have been drooling over the Springfield Range Officer a lot lately. I think in a huge fit of "dangitIdidntwin" I'll prolly go put some cash down on one.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Sorry but you are wrong. The frame on that pistol in the original pic is in fact a 1911. Check for the lack of cresents on the sides behind the trigger. The rest is up for debate. However not wanting to highjacket the original post, and the lack of interest to take this any farther, and much better things to do I'll just let it go. It's not that important. Think what you must, but I think you get where I'm comming from though. Original 1911's or 1911a1's will always be the best looking 1911's. Simple because they are 1911's, and not some pimped out safe queen 2011 version of one.

(Note) It is important to understand that the implementation of these changes varied between contractors, so the dates mentioned are not absolute. The M1 Garand was much the same way with it's changes.

It's going to be a nice day today so it's time to ride. L8R

1 - 20 of 27 Posts