Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an XD 5" Tactical in 9mm. Does anyone have an idea for a good IDPA holster? Would the Hume JIT work? I know little and would value informed ideas.

Thanks,
Joe1118

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Although the JIT is legal and would work, I think it would slow you down.

I'd suggest a holster that has an adjustable retention and a "slick" inside. I only use Blade-Tech, and I highly recommend them for competion.

Old School

PS: Blade-Tech was the most used holster during the 2004 IDPA Nationals.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Old School said:
Although the JIT is legal and would work, I think it would slow you down.

I'd suggest a holster that has an adjustable retention and a "slick" inside. I only use Blade-Tech, and I highly recommend them for competion.

Old School

PS: Blade-Tech was the most used holster during the 2004 IDPA Nationals.
Which Blade-Tech holster? Is is the "belt" one listed on pistol gear?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
joe1118 said:
Yes, thanks for the input! Do you think the paddle version would still be legal for IDPA?
Yes, the Blade-Tech paddle is also legal. If you use a paddle, beware even the best paddle holster may move on you. The advantage with the Blade-Tech version is you can dial the retention into a level that will reduce such movement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you prefer leather try High Noons Slide Guard (get the lined version).

Yes, Kydex is faster than leather but at this point my times are slow enough that even with the Kydex I would come no closer to winning than I do.

I use gaming partially (mostly for fun though) to prepare for the time I may really have to use my gun in self defense. Since I wear a leather holster (can't stand the feel of Kydex) that's what I game with.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought a Safariland 5181 paddle and was planning to use it for IDPA. So far though I've been unable to find the time to even go watch a match no less shoot in one. :(
I didn't realize everyone was using kydex because it was faster. Nobody tells me anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No Fobus Fans? Ok... I have only competed in only one IDPA, however, I was getting off the first shot (on target mind you) faster than the rest in my group (of couse by the end of the stage everyone had caught up and passed my time and points, oh well). I think they are a fast holster, easy to adjust, and a big plus... low low cost.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My USPSA Production setup is a Bladetech dropped and offset holster, with Comp-Tac mag holder. Note, I don't shoot IDPA, so I don't THINK those mag holders are legal for IDPA shooting, but I could be wrong on that.

If you're curious about the Comp-Tac mag holder, look for the "Beltfeed" mag holder on their website. http://www.comp-tac.com/

As far as the Fobus holsters, I tried one on my 9mm Tactical, and it was horrid. If you want something inexpensive, IMO Uncle Mike's are far, far better.

scott

·
Registered
181 Posts
ScottQ said:
As far as the Fobus holsters, I tried one on my 9mm Tactical, and it was horrid. If you want something inexpensive, IMO Uncle Mike's are far, far better. scott
You got that right. The only way you can like the Fobus is if you've never tried a good holster. I had the Fobus for my XD and thought it would be good for IDPA and then I tried a Cen-Dex. The Fobus was offered through a Karma the next day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts