Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know this question has been asked millions of times. and that there is a search function..

but i HATe digging up old threads lol. so anyways.

i want an IWB holster for my xdm which one do you guys suggest? and why?

do you think i can conceal my xdm 3.8 9mm enought with an IWb holster? or is it too big?

and i also would like to get a shoulder holster cause i think it would be the most comfortable carry while riding my motorcycle. what do you suggest?

thanks so much guys!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
hey guys, i know this question has been asked millions of times. and that there is a search function..

but i HATe digging up old threads lol. so anyways.

i want an IWB holster for my xdm which one do you guys suggest? and why?

do you think i can conceal my xdm 3.8 9mm enought with an IWb holster? or is it too big?

and i also would like to get a shoulder holster cause i think it would be the most comfortable carry while riding my motorcycle. what do you suggest?

thanks so much guys!!
Just get a Cross-breed Super Tuck. You will invariably try something less expensive, or go with a different approach, but then you will purchase the CBST and put the other turds on eBay, receiving 25% of what you laid out for them originally.

If you're really that curious about other holsters, just buy them on ebay already discounted - that way, when you sell them back, you won't lose as much. You really are going to end up with a CBST in any case, or you won't carry at all.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i want crossbreeds. but i don't want to wait two months lol
Give the Minataur MTAC a look, fit and finish is perfect and Comp-Tac has excellent CS only took about a week to get mine and I could not be more pleased.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One word Kolster , very comfortable. gurnteed for life.and only cost 50.00 delivered.I got one for my Xdm9, and it wears very comfortable all day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You'd wait for them too, but I have been VERY happy with all the holsters I've ordered from FIST (FIST, Inc.). You can select the style, the color, the forward cant, you can add a thumb break. In other words, you get a custom holster at a price that is very competitive. For example, I just ordered an IWB holster (#6), in light brown leather, with the same forward cant I have for my Colts, with a thumb break ($30.00 upcharge for that), the stitched on reinforcement ($3.00 upcharge) that helps to keep the holster open for re-holstering, and the whole thing, with shipping was less than $100.00. Their design is the best I've found for bringing the grip in close to the body for great concealment. The quality is top-notch. They always quote "5 or 6 weeks" to complete an order, and usually seems to run 6 or 7.

Not that it's much of an issue with the XD or XDm, but they have a tremendous catalog of guns for which they can make holsters, so if you have something old or unusual, they can probably help.

Harris
Denver, CO

·
Registered
82 Posts
I seen a video once on youtube I think that showed some fraying of the MTAC on the top which ended up interfearing with the holstering. Also they use plastic clips don't they?

I just ordered my first CB today! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I seen a video once on youtube I think that showed some fraying of the MTAC on the top which ended up interfearing with the holstering. Also they use plastic clips don't they?

I just ordered my first CB today! ;)
I have both the MTAC and Crossbreed. I actually prefer the MTAC over the CB for 2 reasons

1. I like the plastic clips better as I have had the metal ones get caught and bend out of shape. Never had a problem with the plastic. Actually I ordered some of their clips to replace some of my metal ones on other holsters.
  2. The MTAC is much more versatile. You can order extra bodies to fit other guns. Remove some screws, put the other body on and now you can carry an entirely different pistola. You can't do that with a CB. You have to fork out money for a new holster.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, here I'd just posted that FIST makes good holsters but they take a little longer than they promise. I retract that.

I received my holster today for my XD45. They make GREAT holsters, and they promised 5 to 6 weeks. It was barely over 3, including UPS time.

Harris
Denver, CO

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was reading glocktalk and other forums and ended up getting a Theis IWB Holster for my XDm 3.8 9MM. Tommy (owner and maker) was fantastic. I ordered it and had it in my mailbox about 4 days later. He answered any questions I had. I got the horsehide one and also picked up a single mag holder. I'm very happy and will end up getting one for my glock 19 also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a Tennesse IWB fantastic and a Pro Gear #76 for my XDM 3.8
Both are great . The Pro gear will fit all my guns and is only 20 bucks. 340pd,walther p22 and XDM 3.8

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts