Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this bunch should be able to help me. I am looking for a conceal carry holster for my XDSC. I like a right side owb but iwb would be cool to. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
For my XD9SC I like my DeSantis "Tuck This 2" for IWB. It has a pouch for an extra magazine, and the kant is adjustable to your comfort. As stated, I wear it IWB, at 3 o'clock with about 15-degree kant. It conceals nicely and I wear it all day comfortably, just about everyday. Pretty much forget it's even there.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have two holsters for my XD9SC. The one that gets the most use is a Don Hume H721OT. The other holster is a Galco Triton.

The Don Hume is the most comfortable to me and carries the pistol nice and high. Where this really comes into play is when sitting in a car seat since the pistols sits higher than the belt release. Otherwise I carry in the Triton or use the Triton for storing the weapon in the safe. I like the Triton because it's all Kydex and is easy to move around my waist. Both have a sweat guard.

Don Hume H721OT: Don Hume H721OT Black, Right Hand, XD-40, XD-9 3 inch Sub Compact - Top Gun Supply

Galco: Galco Triton Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Springfield XD Compact 9mm Luger, 40 S&W Kydex Black - MidwayUSA

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I like the clean "snick-snick" of Kydex. Almost frictionless drawing. I prefer an OWB paddle, in either Fobus, Uncle Mikes, or XD Gear. Actually, I prefer the XD holster. Small, light, and holds the gun tightly. I also like yaqui-types in leather.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I like the clean "snick-snick" of Kydex. Almost frictionless drawing. I prefer an OWB paddle, in either Fobus, Uncle Mikes, or XD Gear. Actually, I prefer the XD holster. Small, light, and holds the gun tightly. I also like yaqui-types in leather.
A lot of people turn their nose up to it, but I like that little XD holster for OWB, too. For the same reasons.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't like the XD holster because it doesn't disperse the weight of the gun very well. If always felt like it was pulling on my belt.
I really liked the factory holster as well but felt this was the draw back. It seems to pull away from me and I don't want to have to wear a gun belt everyday just to use this holster.

The comments here are much appreciated and know I know where to look.

THANKS!

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you like owb I suggest the snapslide from crossbreed it keeps it close to your body and can be used with efficiency with or without a gun belt. It does work much better with a gun belt thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
If you like owb I suggest the snapslide from crossbreed it keeps it close to your body and can be used with efficiency with or without a gun belt. It does work much better with a gun belt thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 I have both a supertuck and a snapslide and I just love the snapslide!! It really hugs close to the body at 3 o clock. Its great to wear with regular clothes and not have to have bigger pants for IWB. I will take pics if you want. I can wear pretty much anything which surprises me for a OWB holster!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts