Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our President-elect, that is.

I went to the LGS today, looking for...oh, I don't know...was considering picking up a second G30...when I came across this bad boy...

Nice little Maadi that someone went and did all the 922r work on already. It came with the original thumbhole stock & handguards...The barrel has a welded-on thread protector, I figure a couple of minutes with a grinder should take care of that...

This is my first AK-type...what do I need to know?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
its junk and unsafe to shoot now sale it to meh!

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to know that if AL FRANKEN wins his election in your state... that rifle is gone.
Well, I didn't vote for him, so I did what I could.

And, um. Sure. I'll sell it to you, Blefferd...for what I paid for it, plus a modest $1000 "handling fee"...:twisted:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
This is my first AK-type...what do I need to know?
MAGS...LOTS OF MAGS!!! DON'T FORGET THE MAGS!! ;)

Seriously...nice looking rifle. I'd load up on some mags now, as well as 7.62x39 ammo. Nothing much else you'll ever need for an AK. Grease it up and shoot the hell out of it.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
That rifle as nice as it is not appropriate for civilian use and must be surrendered immediately. please PM me and i will give you my address ;-)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Gunkote is awesome! I'd put that (or Duracoat or something similar) on all the exposed metal parts. It'll make the AK virtually maintenance free (even more-so than it already is)!

I've had some buddies also recommend using a bake-on dry lube like Militech (sp?)

But I second the whole Mags thing. Hi-Cap mags will probably be a big part of any ban that will take place over then next couple of terms.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Great looking rifle man, congrats on getting it. I really like the look of AK's without the scope mount, probably saves some weight too.

-Derek

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Nice AK and great looking furniture,Congrats.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Gunkote is awesome! I'd put that (or Duracoat or something similar) on all the exposed metal parts. It'll make the AK virtually maintenance free (even more-so than it already is)!

I've had some buddies also recommend using a bake-on dry lube like Militech (sp?)

But I second the whole Mags thing. Hi-Cap mags will probably be a big part of any ban that will take place over then next couple of terms.
I like Duracoat, but I have to say that rust blue is the way to go. My brother has been practicing, and he can lay on a blacker-than-black finish on a whole AK for about four bucks. For that "battlefield pickup" look, a single coat, maybe two.... I gotta get some pics of the Polish underfolder he did.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That is the nicest looking AK I've seen. Buy mags and ammo. They will only get more expensive and maybe unavailable anymore.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
That furniture looks like some of the stuff that Ironwood Designs is selling.

They seem a little high, but their stock sets look really nice. I am toying with getting a set to put on my RPG Arms build....it sur would look nice and I like the recoil pad that adds some length.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's from First Son, according to the paperwork that came with the rifle. And yes, it's a bit longer than the original stock (which also came with it). I find it a lot more comfortable than the standard short AK stock.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
This is probably the gayest thing I've ever said, but that's some good lookin wood.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I can see that turning up on many google searches.

How much did the rifle set you back?

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just under $500. I really couldn't pass on it...

And, wow...I must say, that's the first time another guy's complimented me on my wood...:oops:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mags: AIMSurplus.com has steel bulgarian 30rnd mags for $13 a pop.

Ammo: Sportsmansguide.com has 7.62x39 for a hair over $0.19 a round if you buy 500rnds with the membership discount. This is the lowest i've seen it since a year or two into the War in Iraq.

Beyond that, clean it once a year :)p kidding.. mostly) and possibly consider a nice 3-pc furniture set from tapco or the like that will give you some rails, a folding stock, and a more ergo-friendly grip.

And above all, ENJOY!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts