• hogue

• packmeyer

• duck tape [someone used it for a holster]

• other please describe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use "Agrips" that I got from ajamesp51. They look like & feel like velvet but the second you have a little sweat on your hands it gets very tacky and holds very well. I would recommend first putting on a hogue grip with the finger grooves, then apply the "Agrip" over it. My CCW instructor saw it at first and laughed, then he held it a said wow. Only about $20.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing that scares me about slip on grips is I think they twist bo they?have the "agrips"helped you shooting?also are they self adhesive?
I wounder about trans fluid distorting them I own a little shop here in the sticks some times I handle my xd with oily hands

·
Registered
214 Posts
i like the pachmeyer because i have big hands and the grip was just a tad to small without the grip. the grip changed that: i shoot tighter, faster, and more comfortably. no problems with it turning, havent adjusted it once.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I also started out with the pachmeyer slip on. It was rock solid, great for BIG hands. Had to remove it and go with AGrips to be legal in USPSA Production. :cry:

·
Registered
311 Posts
R/T Performance: The "Agrips" are nice and if they are used over the slip-on grip it's cool if you have big hands. You mentioned that you might handle your XD while at your shop with oily hands. Since the "Agrip" is a fabric type material it could be prone to absorbing a small amount of fluid. I assume that this material was made to handle this type of exposure as it is meant to be used with sweaty hands. The "Agrip" is also self adhesive and works very well. I had very minor trimming to do on mine. I will dunk my grip in some water tonight and see how the grip reacts to it, and post back to you. Sorry but I'm not willing to dump motor oil over my gun to answer your question completely. :? Hehehe.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the post I probaly will buy some pachmeyer and agrips sorry about the misspelling I want to order a don's guide rod and new spring thought might get some new grips[combined shipping]at the same time
If you put agrips over pachmeyer it can be removed?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes you can always take off the "Agrips". Although it won't be fun. I would suggest using a heat gun to help remove the grips, just don't melt anything. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
does hogue make a slip on grip now? i was told they dont. can anyone post a pic of there gun with the hogue slip on and these agrips you are takligna bout?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Strippling is re-texturing the grip itself. Many custom shops will basically melt and mold a checkering if you will, across the entire grip surface of the polymer. There are pictures of it floating around here.
Very cool & very permanent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts