Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many sites...I was wondering if anyone has found a good deal on an AK around this range. I'm still researching details on the different variants, but I'm not quite sure what I want so I figured I would throw a price range down and maybe you could help me.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
There are so many sites...I was wondering if anyone has found a good deal on an AK around this range. I'm still researching details on the different variants, but I'm not quite sure what I want so I figured I would throw a price range down and maybe you could help me.

Thanks...
Still depends on what you want...or should I say, what 'features' you are after. Sometimes, its best to or order a 'plane Jane' El cheapo and do like the AR guys...accessorize like a Barbi doll...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still depends on what you want...or should I say, what 'features' you are after. Sometimes, its best to or order a 'plane Jane' El cheapo and do like the AR guys...accessorize like a Barbi doll...
Just the basic. Not real picky about the stock type. Just trying to find best deal for my price range.

BTW, I have a C&R but I don't think many AKs that I see most people buy are eligible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You need to check out AZ RESPONSE SYSTEM AK'S MINE is top notch and was $600 I feel that the work Mark puts out is a great value for the money the Ak looks a lot better in person than on the web site.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are some good used set ups out there check out the AK section on AR15.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Henderson Defense any good? They are WASRs but they check if all the parts are straight first before selling it. They were under $500, seemed like a good deal

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Henderson Defense any good? They are WASRs but they check if all the parts are straight first before selling it. They were under $500, seemed like a good deal
Never dealt with them myself, but they get rave reviews from the AR15.com crowd. They seem to have an excellent reputation over there.

I may be getting an AK myself soon, and from what I've heard I think Henderson will be my choice.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Classic Arms referenced by others have their Saiga AKs on sale right now for 475

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I don't have an AK, but have been looking into them lately.

$475 surely isn't the least expensive, is it? Weren't the Saiga AKs $200 a year ago?

Atlantic Firearms has them for $329, or is that a different rifle?

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I don't have an AK, but have been looking into them lately.

$475 surely isn't the least expensive, is it? Weren't the Saiga AKs $200 a year ago?

Atlantic Firearms has them for $329, or is that a different rifle?
475 is the converted rifle with pistol grip that uses the standard ak mags

just checked Atlantic... 549

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The converted saiga gets my vote. At that price it's barely more than if you were to convert it yourself, so for an out of the box AK in that price range, that's probably about as high of quality as you can find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts