Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the most conxealable OWB holster for my XD Mod.2 9mm Subcompact.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
I’ve taken to Fobus paddle holsters lately.

They might work for casual range use, or carry around the house...

But I’d never use a Fobus for serious carry, concealed or open; they are cheaply made, and far too easy to rip the entire holster off the belt with a twist.

Invest in something like a Safariland ALS or GLS if you want a good quality plastic paddle. Yes, they cost about 3-4 times what a Fobus does, but it's worth it.

However, and getting to the point of the OP's question—they aren't terribly concealable; they work, but a belt holster that holds tighter to the body works better.

·
Registered
949 Posts
They might work for casual range use, or carry around the house...

But I’d never use a Fobus for serious carry, concealed or open; they are cheaply made, and far too easy to rip the entire holster off the belt with a twist.

Invest in something like a Safariland ALS or GLS if you want a good quality plastic paddle. Yes, they cost about 3-4 times what a Fobus does, but it's worth it.

However, and getting to the point of the OP's question—they aren't terribly concealable; they work, but a belt holster that holds tighter to the body works better.
It’s relative at the moment. I went so long without carrying at all, and certain life issues created the situation my jeans don’t fit like they used to so IWB is out for now. Between new and old equipment (guns) and changing seasons, they’ll work for now as I sort out what’s going to fit best where.

I’ve heard the Safariland holsters mentioned a few times, I may just have to check them out as a better permanent solution.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Ive got a nylon pancake holster by BlackHawk #5, lets me carry Walther PPS, XD 4" and XDM 4.5". works great and you can put belt on the inside or pull holster tighter with belt on the outside. You can try this 1st if you want , cheap compared to a leather holster. Mine is over 9 yrs old and really not showing any ware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts