Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion what is the best conceal carry holster for the 3.8? I am a medium built guy if that helps. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Firearmholster gets my vote. Ive had 2 for 6-7mths now. Seriously dont know I have it on.
It's been abused with zero issues.

I have a few others....so-called great deals. You wont be disappointed in the firearmholster

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a Galco King-Tuk, Galco Summer Comfort, Blackhawk Askins-style scabbard... What's best for one may not be the best for everyone. We all wind up the proverbial "box o' holsters" eventually.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I own a 3.8 40 compact. XD45compact ,and a XD9subcompact. Since being assigned to detectives I've been carrying the XD9sc with a light(Insight X-2) mounted. I was unable to find a factory holster for it. I ended up finding a local guy who makes holsters as his retirement gig.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
In your opinion what is the best conceal carry holster for the 3.8? I am a medium built guy if that helps. Thanks
You just opened a can of worms... :)

Most of the votes you are going to get on this forum are Firearm Holster, Crossbreed Supertuck, Alien Gear, as well as several others.

Personally I carry my XDsc in an Alien Gear Hybrid for IWB and a Raven Phantom for OWB. I also have a Galco Stow-and-Go and a Versa-Carry that have been moved to the did not work very well drawer. I have a small waist and can hide my gun with not to much effort if I dress right.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
As mentioned above,what works for one person may not work for the next.. Check us out as we do make some nice belt,s and holsters.. Our high ride owb holsters have been selling very well lately ..

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I have two Firearmholsters..... LOVE 'em.....

A Crossbreed Supertuck.... it's ok.

Had a Kholster, cheap, and was acceptable, but nowhere near as good as either the ST or FH above.

AlienGear gets good reviews, and people seem to be very happy with the ones from Tennessee Holster a couple links before this.

Every holster fits everyone differently, and most people have several holsters that may or may not work for them.

I do suggest going for one that has good reviews and not just saying "hey, this is a good deal, even though it doesn't have many reviews"....

Look up the multiple links of holster opinions here in the Gear Talk section.... you'll see a lot of info.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You will probably get almost as many "opinions" as there are members of this forum. And you know what they say about "opinions"
Personally I carry an XDm 9mm 4.5 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Currently there is a survey being taken on holsters: The Best Holster In The History Of Ever CONTEST | Concealed Nation you can see how the vote is going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts