Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top of my xds .45 slide has some oily fingerprints on it. I have tried to get them off but they are stubborn. What's the best cleaner for these guns? Thanks in advance and I hope im not bringing up an old thread and apologies in advance if I did.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
To get oily fingerprints off, you'll want to use a good degreaser. Non-chlorinated brake cleaner works well, as would high-purity isopropyl alcohol.

Or acetone...but that's some pretty nasty stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just clean it with Ballistol or CLP and then wipe it down good. Looks pretty clean to me.
Ok ill try those. Ive tried alcohol and even some dish detergent but its still there. If all else fails ill have it cerakoted

·
Registered
55 Posts
personally I always liked a thin layer /film of oil on my weapons... but for my new pistol I switched to the "frog lube" product line - cleaner/CLP paste and I'm impressed. No film, smells great and easy to apply. Something to consider... good luck.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Try 91% isopropanol alcohol or Simple Green. Both available at Target or WM. If one of those doesn't remove oily finger prints, they are probably on there permanently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts