Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be sending in the registration for an SBR on monday, so in my mind it makes sense to have a very good lower to register. I have an rra lower and an ADS (some sort of synthetic coating) this lower is going to get used a lot, its going to have a few uppers for it down the road probably so is there a legitimate reason to get something different?

Talking stripped lower I'll build it as I see fit (I mostly know how to do that)

for fast shooting while on topic suggestions for a lpg? Please don't go saying some gi kit that has an 8.8 lb trigger. My rra is put together with a very nice 4.5 lb kit in it and I love it over my m4 in ways I can't describe. The first upper going on it is very accurate already.

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend.

A lower is a lower is a lower...the $79 PSA (Palmetto State Armory) will do just as good of a job as a $250 POF lower...but the POF has some features (flared magwell, enlarged triggerguard, texture front of magwell) that the PSA doesn't.

Then there's billet vs forged.

AS for LPK's...Daniel Defense's are nice. Personally, if you want a good trigger, go with a Geselle as a seperate package.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
The only time it will matter how much the lower is worth is if/when you tried to sell it.

So, if they usually cost a lot when you buy a regular AR, it'll cost more when you're selling an SBR.

You've been around long enough to know which lowers demand a premium.

Not necessarily that they're any better than another, but name recognition is what it is.

If you're wanting a very unique and rare lower, try to find a magpul lower. They're out there, but in extremely limited numbers and expenisive as hell.

Knights Armament is another rare rollmark in the AR world.

If that's what you're going for.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on what you want to spend.

A lower is a lower is a lower...the $79 PSA (Palmetto State Armory) will do just as good of a job as a $250 POF lower...but the POF has some features (flared magwell, enlarged triggerguard, texture front of magwell) that the PSA doesn't.

Then there's billet vs forged.

AS for LPK's...Daniel Defense's are nice. Personally, if you want a good trigger, go with a Geselle as a seperate package.
true but I was thinking more along the line of features. if I SBR it, its NOT getting sold. i might change the lpk, I might change tubes/stocks grips uppers but the SbR tagged lower isn't going anywhere. At 200 bucks for a stamp for a 200 dollar piece of metal selling it would be beyond retarded.

i don't think I want the flared magwell actually but thats a real good point, it gets more sand in, and i'm already pretty darn fast at my mag changes... 4 months waiting to go to afghanistan is a lot of practice time for that one.

if I was going full auto billet vs forged would show up, as would anti-roll pins. Seeing as I can't afford to do that for the ammo or the licensing..... not an issue.

Is there any advantage to the enlarged trigger gaurd over a magpull guard? I don't know I'm going to look that lower you stated up.EDIT: yes there is but I don't think its really a big deal if I'm using the magpul gaurd of which I already have. EDIT 2: I think I could get too used to that, and when in theatre without one It would be bad, I think its a bad decision for me to go that route, the odds of it making the life or death difference in the usa? almost nill, the odds of me getting rocked freaking out going to my highest number of repitition training and missing getting in the gaurd because I'm not using this in theatre? At least theoretically plausible albeit blatantly unlikely.

i'm kinda thinking if i decide to go with textured front of magwell for gripping on a fast magazine change where I'm getting bum rushed i think I'd actually prefer skateboard tape on the front and front sides, and then I could take it off if say I'm not in a SHTF/competition setting. more thought probably just the right side and the front, and more expenisve to do after the fact if I decided I wanted it any reason I couldn't have it done later? (do they thicken that area up to accomodate the checkering?) EDIT 2: I think like the extended trigger gaurd I'm better learning what works so I can do the same to my issued weapons too.

Spot check on reasoning but the whole extra screw to adjust the gi trigger is a mute point if putting in a good trigger mechanism from my line of thinking.

Ok still can't come up with a valid reason not to use my rra pistol lower (guy put a nice trigger in it) for my SBR, and if I end up visiting mi slapping the pistol tube back on it tennis ball on the end and go shooting still, seeing as I have no use once I get a SBR tag for the pistol lower in TX

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Most any receiver, as the guys above said. RRA, stag, palmetto, Daniel, whatever.

concerning the trigger, you're probably better off getting it separately from the LPK. Yeah, most LPKs have the trigger assembly (I don't know of any that don't have one) so you'll end up with a spare. Brownell's has a couple good drop in triggers, as does midway or any other online retailer.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Most any receiver, as the guys above said. RRA, stag, palmetto, Daniel, whatever.

concerning the trigger, you're probably better off getting it separately from the LPK. Yeah, most LPKs have the trigger assembly (I don't know of any that don't have one) so you'll end up with a spare. Brownell's has a couple good drop in triggers, as does midway or any other online retailer.
White Oak from Adco comes without trigger or grip, unless you add them.

Products at Adco Firearms. The place to get AR15 parts machining and tactical accessories.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts