Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want it with me at all times, but how to do so, I'm considering the crossbreed supertuck, but i'm a pretty small guy, I'm also considering bag carry, 5.11 tactical offers alot of options. thoughts?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I carried a Glock 23 in a Kholster (similar to Supertuck), and for me, I didn't like it much for all day carry. The holster itself was ok, but the G-23 just didn't fit my normal day to day activities / clothing well.

I Now carry a smaller Kahr in a Supertuck, and am a lot more comfortable with that. I do think the Supertuck and similar holsters are good if you need more concealment provided by a tuckable iwb holster. Give 'em a try.

I'm 5'8 and about 175 - 180.

D

·
0 Posts
Comptac MTAC is also an option. I carry a 4" XD45c in one (on a Beltman belt) with no problems. Best part, it only takes a few business days. Some of the other holster makers can take up to six weeks. Depends on how quickly you want/need it, I suppose.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Been carrying my 5" tac xd45 for years in a CBST, about the 4 oclock position, very comfortable, have even fell asleep with it on, no problem,

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I also used a CBST for my XD45 Comp Tac, very comfortable.

·
Banned
744 Posts
I have a compact 40 and use a comp tac MTAC holster. I just started wearing about a week ago.

Man oh man its gonna take some time to get use to. Can hardly drive with it on because it rubs into my back. Sitting in a chair is a different story, feels ok.

I'm considering the Kahr PM9 for concealed carry. I had my XDm 40 on for about 1.5 hours today and the grip left red marks all over my side. Maybe I'm a big sissy or I need to suck it up. I always thought It was supposed to be comfortable.

Try comp tac's web site and see what you think. I ordered and had it in my hands in under 5 days.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I carry my XD45 Tac with a IWB nylon holster w/extra mag pouch - even my wife didn't notice it.... It sets at about 4:00, the grip fits nicely against my back and with a tucked in Tee Shirt pulled slight loose - it is not visible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another vote for the supertuck. Comfortable, rides nice, conceals well. I went through several holsters before getting a supertuck for my XD45 tactical. It is the only one I use now.

And there is a no questions asked return policy. If you don't like send it back and your money is refunded. Although I've never heard of anyone not liking it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I carry my XD45 in a Theis holster, full forward, tucked, 330. Took a little getting used to, but, once I did, it has been comfortable all the way. I'm 210, 6', and it disappears on my frame, even with a tshirt tucked over it, until I bend over to tie my shoes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts