Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello what is the best ammo for my XDM 3.8.
So far white box Winchester or federal at walmart seems ok. The federal seems to leave copper in barrel as the winshester does not.
Which is the best all around round and cheapest?

John

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is non corrisive

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
what is non corrisive
It means the primer mixture and/or powder doesn't contain anything that would cause your gun to rust after shooting.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Federal HST 147gr +P for SD. The only rule I have about the plinking ammo is that I like to say with actual brass casings. Winchester white box is my go-to for the cheap stuff. I don't like shooting Wolf or Tula. Cheap stuff usually shoots quite a bit dirtier, and I have seen some guns be finicky about ultra-cheap ammo where WWB ran like a charm through them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Federal's American Eagle (AE9DP) was what I found at the best price at our gun show recently...no FTFs or FTEs so far, and shot fairly clean.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
All jacketed ammo leaves copper in the bbl. So buy a box ro two of each & shoot them. Choose the one that is the most reliable & most accurate. There is a diff in form brand to brand as to accuracy, but it may not matter. Blasting at 7yds, everything goes into one ragged hole. Now stretch it out to 25yds, yeah, ammo brand matters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Being new here I don't have to ask these questions as they have all been asked before and all I have to do is search. This site is loaded with great info. Thanks to everyone that helps out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran 100 rounds of the winchester sxz9 training rounds through my xd subcompact 9mm and was fairly clean afterwards and no jams or anything like that.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cheapest and best are two different things. I bought 1000 rounds of Winchester nickel 9mm and I like it. I have also shot Wolf and it seemed to get the job done. I am not using them as SD but for the range they serve there purpose.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Lots of good deals to be had online. I just buy a few boxes and test until you find something you like. I've had good luck with Speer Lawman.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been shooting Speer Lawman 115gr and they've been feeding my PPQ very well. No FTF or FTE. I recently got some 124gr as well to see if i notice any difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts