Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was comparing the XD Mod 2 to the XDMs 45 caliber and with the exception of the the XDMs .5" longer barrel, the two guns are almost identical in size.

So not counting the grip zone on the XD Mod 2, it seems like the XDMs is a better pistol to me due to the XDMs longer 3.8" barrel.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
the XDMs is a better pistol to me due to the XDMs longer 3.8" barrel.
Not missing a thing.
It's not just the barrel difference of the XD Mod 2. It has a Captive Recoil Spring. The XDm has Dual Spring. Not a lot of difference I think the Dual Spring might be a little more durable. I like the front site on the Mod 2 better.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Probably nothing. I've got a XDm 3.8 (full) and a Mod.2 Service, both 9mm, and like them both.

I will agree, the Mod.2 grip is a definite improvement.

You're saying the XDm's .5" longer barrel is better for what? Velocity, sight radius? I think for CC the 3.3" would be better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably nothing. I've got a XDm 3.8 (full) and a Mod.2 Service, both 9mm, and like them both.

I will agree, the Mod.2 grip is a definite improvement.

You're saying the XDm's .5" longer barrel is better for what? Velocity, sight radius? I think for CC the 3.3" would be better.
The extra .5" would help with the sight radius. For IWB carry the length of the barrel or the extra onces of weight would not be an issue with me.

I like the fact that I can use the 19 round XDM magazine as a spare in the XDMs.

Currently I carry an XD MOD2 9mm IWB with two spare 16 rd mags. So I have have 46 total rounds on me when I'm carrying, but if I would have bought a XDMs 9mm instead, I could have used my two 19 rd mags from my full sized 4.5" XDM as backups. You can never have enough bullets!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts