Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read and heard firsthand numerous positive reviews of this gun. Most people have the 380. But I was more looking into something with more kick maybe the 45 :cool: Does anybody know how well the .45 holds up? Is it exactly the same quality and does it function as well as the 380??? Just shopping around for the best bang for my buck...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
All of the Thunders are great guns. Also, now they are giving you two mags with new guns, where they used to only give you one. 380 still only gets one mag. :cry:

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I've got the .380CC version and it's been a great gun for me. Easy to conceal (per the name) solid and accurate shooter out to 15 yards or so and no issues in about 300 rounds so far. Just keep them clean and they're good to go.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
The 380CC is a very small and very easily concealable firearm. Check around, you'll probably be able to find someone local to you who is looking to sell one. I'm looking to sell my whole deal, gun, ammo, holster and 3 factory mags. I'm so in love with these XD's, I need to fund me an SC 9mm. :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
OK here it is. I love bersa thunder .380s! I know you've heard that but here this.
I shot the thunder 9mm and the .40. I thought they were loose and inn accurate. The .45 may be better, dunno.
I carry the Thunder .380 every day. Depend on it. Couldn't say the same for the big brothers.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I've got the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact in 45 ACP and I like it a lot. Has GREAT ergos, an ambi decocker/safety/slide lock, an ambi slide release and the mag release can be switched to either side. It is VERY small about the same size as my XD-SC. And btw the slide is VERY easy to operate not hard to cycle at all. The trigger is very good and is surprisingly light in DA mode. Easy to strip down and basically no big flaws at all. Like most inexpensive guns it will take a few boxxes of ammo to get broken in. They have a great customer service center in Colorado too. Get to a gun shop and put one in your hands, see if it feels right to you.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i have a bersa thunder 9mm and it is AMAZING!!! it is more reliable than my XDs
both of my xds have had one or two jams a piece but the bersa has NEVER had one. it is also easier to field strip if you can believe that! since the slide doesnt have to be locked back and there is no dry fire step. the take down lever is also easier to operate. they have a really nice grip. very comfy.
if i could do it again i would get the nickel slide since the black finish isnt that great. mine never rusted but you can tell a difference side by side with an XD or glock, but its not bad its just not as good as the melonite

i highly recommend this gun!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
OK here it is. I love bersa thunder .380s! I know you've heard that but here this.
I shot the thunder 9mm and the .40. I thought they were loose and inn accurate. The .45 may be better, dunno.
I carry the Thunder .380 every day. Depend on it. Couldn't say the same for the big brothers.

I have the .380 in all nickel. Love the way it fits my hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I have read most of the info. I am sold that Bersa makes a great .380 for 3 bills or less. I was on my way to pick up a .380cc and started wondering about the 9mm compact. I have an old MKE .380 that stove pipes every clip,and I like .380 to augment my .38 S&W snubbie. Any recommendations as to the reliability and ability to CC the Bersa 9mm? My only other experience with 9mm iv Beretta PX storm, great gun. New to CC/shooting

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Ok, I have read most of the info. I am sold that Bersa makes a great .380 for 3 bills or less. I was on my way to pick up a .380cc and started wondering about the 9mm compact. I have an old MKE .380 that stove pipes every magazine,and I like .380 to augment my .38 S&W snubbie. Any recommendations as to the reliability and ability to CC the Bersa 9mm? My only other experience with 9mm iv Beretta PX storm, great gun. New to CC/shooting
Fixed it for ya! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts