Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im trying to decide which i like better the bersa thunder or the kel tec 3at??
my wife has the kel tec 3at and i took it out shooting yesterday and thought for the money if was a nice little back up gun
then today at my gun shop i was checking out the bersa thunder which is also chambered in .380 and fits just as well in my pocket as the kel tec
so i am looking for anyones thoughts on either gun pros/cons of both
any info you guys have would be great

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I can only chime in that the Bersa has been flawless and my wife loves it... Haven't shot a Kel tec..

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love my little kel-tec and they shoot very nicely...dont know about the bersa but I carry my little kel-tec almost every day

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love my little kel-tec and they shoot very nicely...dont know about the bersa but I carry my little kel-tec almost every day
im leaning towards kel tec since thats what my wife has and i really liked shooting it yesterday
although i was also shooting my beretta model 1934 yesterday whic is .380

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Bersa Thunder .380, good shooter and nice and small. Perfectly priced. Load up with HP ammo and you are set!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I can only chime in that the Bersa has been flawless and my wife loves it... Haven't shot a Kel tec..
The thing I like about my Bersa is how it fits my hand. Not as small as a lot of 380s but the ergos are great.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hey guys im trying to decide which i like better the bersa thunder or the kel tec 3at??
my wife has the kel tec 3at and i took it out shooting yesterday and thought for the money if was a nice little back up gun
then today at my gun shop i was checking out the bersa thunder which is also chambered in .380 and fits just as well in my pocket as the kel tec
so i am looking for anyones thoughts on either gun pros/cons of both
any info you guys have would be great
I have both. The kel-tec is smaller but I find this to be a setback. It is also double-action only. (the trigger pull must move the hammer back as well as release it. in single action, the hammer is already back and it must simply release the hammer.) People get trigger jobs for a reason... to improve accuracy!
The Bersa is both, Single AND Double action. If you don't have time to pull the hammer back you can still simply squeeze the trigger. You can also pull the hammer back and then shoot accurately!
I hear people saying "hey man, my kel-tec...or LCP is really accurate!!! Crap!! The same people get trigger jobs to make their single actions MORE accurate. What does that tell you.
Please, shoot them both before buying. You'll see what I say is true. The bersa thunder is a lot more accurate than the ruger or kel-tec.

Please, do yourself a favor and shoot them both!

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
It depends on whether you want a pocket carry or a slim IWB CC carry. I have the Bersa 380 CC and it's very easy to conceal IWB, but it's not a pocket gun. I don't own the P3AT but I have shot them and they will definitely do the job for SD. I like the grip and the accuracy of the Bersa more than the Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It depends on whether you want a pocket carry or a slim IWB CC carry. I have the Bersa 380 CC and it's very easy to conceal IWB, but it's not a pocket gun. I don't own the P3AT but I have shot them and they will definitely do the job for SD. I like the grip and the accuracy of the Bersa more than the Kel-Tec.
i dunno maybe i got big pockets but it fit in mine just fine same as the kel tec
i do like the sa/da option on the bersa as opposed to only double action on the kel tec

·
Registered
54 Posts
I actually enjoy shooting my Bersa. I did not "enjoy" the LCP, as it's only a BUG to me.

All depends how much you want to shoot it I guess.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Friend has the Bersa CC and I had a KT P3AT...the P3AT sucks if you want to hit your target, but great for pocket carry.

The Bersa CC is a great little pistol...it shoots much better than the P3AT. I had an older model Bersa and their pistols are well built.

I traded in my KT P3AT for the PF9. The PF9 is a pocket pistol...better sights, and 9mm versus 380.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts