Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these? I field stripped and removed the grips last night. Scrubbed everything with Hoppes #9 and applied light lube, then reassembled.

Is there any spots under the grips that should be lubed. I think I avoided this area b/c that is where the mag seats.

Was not sure about the disconnector/drawbar OR the face where the hammer strikes the firing pin?

any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
When I had mine I just scrubbed that area with break free and a nylon barrel brush and blew it out with compressed air. Did the same with the mags. Never had any problems. The only bad thing about the BT.380 is they do get dirty pretty fast with there straight blow back design. Other than that they are a very nice pistol for the money.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
One important thing not to do when the grip panels are off the gun - don't pull the trigger. The panels hold some of the components in, and they can come out of place (eg leave the gun).

Areas that rub, use a grease (I use Gun Butter), components that pivot, I use Rem Oil.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I did some research before taking off the grips. I did read the "don't pull trigger with grips off".

all my parts stayed in place.

did not know if any of the hidden workings under the grips needed lube or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts