Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fondled the Bersa 22 pistol at the gun shop and as usual was impressed with it, I love my Thunder 45 Ultra Compact.
Other than the plastic slide stop I liked it a lot. Anybody have experience with this pistol? What kind of accuracy etc?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure, it seemed plenty tough and heavy for a 22, the slide mounted safety was metal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a Firestorm .22 today after looking at em for months.

I bought it used (duo tone) for $250 out the door. I brought it home and cleaned her up, then I went to the range.

The first shot stove piped (ouch). But the rest of the 150 rounds of CCI 40 grain Mini Mags shot perfectly.

The rest of the time was spent shooting my kludge of rem, win, CCI, and fed. I got five FTFs and thee FTEs (one where a shell had to be pried from the barrel). All but that one fed that got stuck was due to poor ammo quality.

All in all I shot about 400 rounds in under an hour... That's right, a major torture test. It got very hot, very dirty and I got a blister on my thumb from loading, but this gun was great, when the ammo quality was good. Between the James Bond mistique and the cheap ammo price, this thing is awesome.

Good luck in whatever u do.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's cool. What kind of accuracy do you think you were getting? At what distance?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine shoots a little low, but not terribly bad... I was able to compensate.

Out of 400 shots, at 7 yds, I put 100 in the zombie kill zone (headshot) and 300 center mass. I missed the target 3 times, but remember, I was rapid firing to check functionality. I find it as accurate as I am, even shooting the kludge of ammo I shot.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, it's looking like the GSG-1911 is going to have to wait...AGAIN lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know how u feel... What pushed me away from the gsg was the take down for cleaning...geesh! Take down on the Bersa is... Well, modern!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bought new about $289. Five months ago very accurate
And fun to shoot used the 500 rd packs from Walmart
No issues other than operator error. Expensive to get
Extra mags

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....Expensive to get
Extra mags
Don't understand why but that seems to be a problem across all 22 pistols for a measly 10rnds. Maybe because there are zero military mag contracts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, 400 more rounds from my kludge bucket and I am still smiling. Federals are disappointing, but all in all, this is a great gun. Considering I'm already squeezing a three inch grouping at seven yards doesn't hurt.Verdict in... Bersa has it going! Time to go clean a gun!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, picked up mine today and fired a quick ten rounds off the rear deck before rushing off to work. This thing is really pretty nice. Goofing with it here at home tonight I can see that the trigger is already getting smoother and lighter. Interestingly enough ( to me at least ) is that the barrel MIGHT not be just a lined aluminum shroud like the other popular 22s ( skeeter and Walther P22 ) but rather all steel and the slide is all steel as well!
Things I don't like: the mag ( not a surprise for 22s ) is not very easy to load, and the safety/decocker is a little tough to get to the decock position and then back to fire position, but that seems to be loosening up as well.
So far-so good, I'll get some more shooting done on Sunday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I almost traded this in after getting really upset over having to use Mini Mags (cost too much for me to shoot often). Then i discovered CCI Blazers. Evidently they are Mini Mags without the nickle plated brass or the copper coated candies. Lead is no fun to clean, but these things shoot great and for less than half the cost of Mini Mags, I am back in love!!!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine shoots the ultra cheap Remington Thunderbolts like a champ.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My fiance's shoots just about any ammo without problems. It shoots pretty accurately with CCI mini mags or blazer and velocitors. Some of the lighter than 40gn stuff does not seem as accurate out of her pistol. Hers is a firestorm as well, and I really like the rubber grips- wish I could find some for the thunder .380!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts