Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 185 gr HBRN bullet from Berry's in their 45? I want to run a lighter bullet and like the idea of lighter weight but close to same profile as a 230 gr bullet. I'll be running these through a tactical.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
yep...I have run their 185s and 230s through various 45s both owned and borrowed (Kimber TLE Custom II, HK USP 45, SA GI 1911, Glock, Taurus Tactical and Ruger Blackhawk w/conversion cylinder) never had a bad experience with any of their projectiles...Berrys plated are my go-to target load fodder...

as a bonus, the '250' boxes are almost always 3-5 bullets over...free spares...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've used these for a few years. Western has published data for this exact profile. My 1911-5" loves AA#5 loaded to 925/950 fps. Very accurate and no noticeable difference in recoil from the 230's. Also used Vn340 with similar results but saving that powder for a different caliber I load.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
When I did shoot the .45 in Limited 10 some years ago, I mostly used the Berry's in 200 and 230grn with good results. I can't say I ever missed because of the bullets, and used a considerable number of them in 40cal and 9mm as well. Lately I have been doing more with coated bullets from SNS which are somewhat less expensive and still very accurate, so you might want to look into some coated bullets too if you care to experiment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Berry's plated 45's exclusively in competition, 230 rn and the 185 hbrn, they are great. I'm not too happy with the hhp right now. Just posted a report on the 45 185gr hhp, don't think I'll use them for self defense. The plated is a go, you will be happy shooting the 45 185 hbrn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts