Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get the px4 storm as a carry gun,want to know what those who have the gun or carry it think of it. Also still kinda new to firearms was wondering what do they mean by constant action and spurless hammer. Was looking at the type f, i also see some do not have hammer, why is that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't comment on carrying a PX4, but I have owned one for a year and love it, along with the other Berettas I have and had. Mine is PX4 Storm SD .45. It's not really suitable for carry, and I don't even fire it, but it's one cool firearm. My fifteen years of experience with other Berettas has been nothing but flawless, and I trust my life with their quality, durability, reliability, etc.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looking to get the px4 storm as a carry gun,want to know what those who have the gun or carry it think of it. Also still kinda new to firearms was wondering what do they mean by constant action and spurless hammer. Was looking at the type f, i also see some do not have hammer, why is that?
Spurless hammer, look at a single action revolver and notice the spur on the hammer to cock it. On the C model the hammer is fully flush with the body of the gun, you can't cock it. There is only a rounded nub on the PX4 SC, this is to minimize the hammer getting caught on something when you are drawing it. The C model is constant action. When you chamber a round, either through racking the slide or firing the previous shot, the hammer goes back to half cock. You pulling the trigger will finish cocking and firing the firearm, thus you feel the hammer finish cocking and then fire. This gives you less likelihood of touching the trigger and it going boom, since you aren't fully cocked.

As for carrying it, the SC at least, the decocking\safety lever takes a bit getting used to holstering it since it can catch on the inside of your holster. But that design also makes it very easy to flip off so if you like carrying with safety on it is a good trade off. I prefer the half cocked position so I have one less step to go thru if I need to use it, everyone has their own preference. It is a little wide for a conceal carry, but I don't have an issue with that so life is good. As for firing it, the recoil on my 40SW is very manageable, not like shooting a sub compact at all. It is also comfortable to carry, more so than my XDm, and I like it. I can't comment on the F since I don't own one. I have shot one at the range and that is what made me look into the SC though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have one for sale. Like new -- 3 extra Mags w/ SnapGrips (finger extensions), holster, all papers, case. Even the lock has a Beretta logo on it.

$675. + #25 shipping.

Don Zeilstra

910-215-0004

[email protected]

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you mean Beretta's customer service, I'm with you. There is a widely know problem with the older 3032 Tomcat where the frame cracks. I've had mine for about 10 years, haven't put 75 rounds through it and it's one of them. Beretta refuses to make good on it unless you pay them to "inspect" the gun, then they send you a letter forcing you to sign to hold them harmless or buy an "upgrade" Inox model.

Funny thing is, I found all this out while researching the PX4 & CX4 Storm. Turned me off. That's how I ended up with the XDm. No more Berettas for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just a bought a brand new Beretta PX4 Storm 40 caliber at a gun show recently. Haven't fired it at all and some how got the central block stuck in the frame and it won't come out. Has anyone has this problem before? I was trying to yank it out and it seems it is definitely stuck. Since the gun is still under a 1 year factory warranty, I am afraid to try and use some excessive force to get the block out. Any comments are thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you mean the locking block, you should at least take it to a local gunsmith and see if he can help you. Shouldn't cost much, if anything.

Not very familiar with Beretta. See above post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts