Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like this one...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/970964799...al_Shotgun.htm

I know where one is locally, NIB and about 75 bucks less than this one.

Good deal? Good choice? Any of you "tactical tommies" have one of these?

Thought I'd ask, because it sure felt like a really nice HD shotgun in my hands. Very well made and finished. Actually, it seemed as nice as the Benelli semi-autos they had that went for 1000 bucks and up.

(I never see these for sale anywhere, only in magazines and catalogues...maybe a good thing to pick up before the Obama bans?)

Thanks in advance for the advice,

- brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I had never seen one in the flesh...only in magazines and Beretta's website and brochures. It was VERY nicely finished and light and typical of Beretta's high quality.

I went in search of a decent AK variant, but this local shop (that usually does NOT carry this type of high end tac stuff) had this Beretta shotty and the owner said "nobody wants to pay this much for a HD shotty around here, so they skip this and buy a Mossy or 870 Remmy."

Its awful tempting to skip the AK of questionable quality in this price range and grab this tactical shotty instead. I was blown away by its quality and handling and feel.

I actually have an early 80s Beretta 303 12 ga auto that has been a 100% perfect goose gun, but I don't know a thing about their tactical shottys...they're a totally different animal.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
70 Posts
I pick up one of these about a year ago . I paid $300 , It was a Florida fish and game trade in . I only have about 50 rounds through it , But i can tell you i love it . I shot mine side by side with a Benelli , The only difference i noticed was it seemed to take slightly longer to cycle , Might be my imagination , But thats what i thought .

I did recommend to a few friend before the local shop was out of them .

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Like this one...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/970964799...al_Shotgun.htm

I know where one is locally, NIB and about 75 bucks less than this one.

Good deal? Good choice? Any of you "tactical tommies" have one of these?

Thought I'd ask, because it sure felt like a really nice HD shotgun in my hands. Very well made and finished. Actually, it seemed as nice as the Benelli semi-autos they had that went for 1000 bucks and up.

(I never see these for sale anywhere, only in magazines and catalogues...maybe a good thing to pick up before the Obama bans?)

Thanks in advance for the advice,

- brickboy240
I had one for a while with the pistol grip, Great shotgun, on a bet with a friend I shot a round of skeet with it and ran 25 straight, It uses the Benelli mode of operation, Recoil operated so it kicks more than a gas operated gun but it was dead reliable and accurate with slugs. My only beef was that for some reason mine didnt put slugs and Buck shot to the same point of aim at 25 yds. But that could have had more to do with the slugs I prefer than the gun. I paid 425 for mine from a friend in like new condition in the box. Sold it to get a 1911, I wish I had it back.:-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts