Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at picking up a Beretta PX4 Storm at my LGS. I am looking at a 9mm either full size or compact.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Have shot my buddies compact version. Seemed to be wide at the top of the slide because the safety wing is mounted there. A little distracting, but could become use to it.
Nice THICK stainless barrel, that thing is a hog leg.
Nice trigger, like the decocker. Straight shooter, nothing else out there looks like it. It's a Beretta, can't go wrong. ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have shot my buddies compact version. Seemed to be wide at the top of the slide because the safety wing is mounted there. A little distracting, but could become use to it.
Nice THICK stainless barrel, that thing is a hog leg.
Nice trigger, like the decocker. Straight shooter, nothing else out there looks like it. It's a Beretta, can't go wrong. ;)

unless you need customer service then your prolly screwd..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I have the compact model and it is every bit as accurate as my full size pistols. Very reliable and fits my hand perfectly.

As for the safety levers, they can be swapped out for "stealth" controls that are very low profile. You'll want to complete the conversion to the decocker only "G" version by removing the spring and ball-bearing from the safety assembly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shot one at the range. I like it. The safety levers can get in the say if you power stroke the slide, but like previously mentioned they can changed. Trigger on the one I shot was a little stiff, but I didn't mind it. Some people like it, some people seem to really hate it. It's definitely on my wish list, if anything for it's unique look. Of course the ones we get up here are almost double the price in the States....

·
Registered
346 Posts
carried a full size px4 in .40 cal for a couple months. only reason it left was i made the mistake of buying the double action only version.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've got about 700 or so rounds through my full size PX4 .40. Really great ergonomics. Love the gun. If you like da sa, get either the PX4 or the Walther P99

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im going to be using it for range toy. I already have the xdm compact for carry.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have the PX4sc (non rotating barrel) and I'll admit that I quickly sold off my XDsc soon after buying the Beretta. Grip, egos, accuracy, muzzle flip and thickness was just better IMO. I put a set of Stealth decocker only levers on it and its been easier to conceal as well.

You may buy it for a range toy but you also may want it as an EDC. The most popular PX4 is the Compact (smallest rotating barrel model) for both range and carry.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I got the full sioze PX4 in 40 this past ZZChristmas and I love the way iot shoots its very accurate and reliable

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I have shot my brother's full size PX-4 9mm several times.

Its ok...but nothing I would race out and buy for myself.

Have you looked at the SP2022 Sig Pro? I recently shot one of those and was shocked at how good it ran. Much better trigger than the creepy/stagey PX-4 and its less expensive. Doesn't feel as thick and chunky as the PX4, either. I love Beretta shotguns, but their pistols are just too thick and chunky for my tastes...sorry.

The PX4 is a decent shooter. I never had any troubles with it, but there was nothing special about it, compared to other 9mms.

If I was looking to buy a d/a s/a 9mm right now...I'd go with a Sig Pro - no doubt about it.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have shot my brother's full size PX-4 9mm several times.

Its ok...but nothing I would race out and buy for myself.

Have you looked at the SP2022 Sig Pro? I recently shot one of those and was shocked at how good it ran. Much better trigger than the creepy/stagey PX-4 and its less expensive. Doesn't feel as thick and chunky as the PX4, either. I love Beretta shotguns, but their pistols are just too thick and chunky for my tastes...sorry.

The PX4 is a decent shooter. I never had any troubles with it, but there was nothing special about it, compared to other 9mms.

If I was looking to buy a d/a s/a 9mm right now...I'd go with a Sig Pro - no doubt about it.

- brickboy240
IMO, the PX4 is better gun in .40 than 9.

I'd been dead set on buying a Walther P99 after shooting it at the range (9mm version). When I shot the .40 version I didn't like it at all. I am very happy with the PX4, though it is a bit heavy, but I like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts