1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Drool....

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
It's cool, but I'd still rather have a 92G-SD. ;)

Wish Beretta would make a regular production of 92/96's that have that frame mounted safety, though...

·
Banned
0 Posts
I need to gold plate my M9

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wish Beretta would make a regular production of 92/96's that have that frame mounted safety, though...
This...damn it!!

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have any idea what these went for when they came out?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/In+th...retta's+latest+special+occasion...-a099145181

"There will be only 2,000 of these guns produced, in commemoration of our civilization having reached the 2,000-year mark for which the Billennium is named. For more of the last half of the last millennium than any other maker, Beretta has been there, producing fine quality firearms. 1,000 of these will be sold in the US, and the other thousand have been allocated to the rest of the world. The first 500 apportioned to the U.S. market are already gone. At this writing, the last 500 have gone into the pipeline to distributors.

Suggested retail price is $1,357. It's probably worth it. Of course, you can read that figure as "one three-fifty-seven." You can get two "three-fifty-sevens" for the same price, specifically a matched pair of Beretta Cougars chambered for the .357 SIG cartridge. The last time I looked, the list price of the standard model Beretta 92F with plain Bruniton finish was $676. You can buy two of them for the same price as one Billennium, and get five dollars change. "

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the time of Billennium: is Beretta's latest special occasion handgun as cool as it looks? - Free Online Library

"There will be only 2,000 of these guns produced, in commemoration of our civilization having reached the 2,000-year mark for which the Billennium is named. For more of the last half of the last millennium than any other maker, Beretta has been there, producing fine quality firearms. 1,000 of these will be sold in the US, and the other thousand have been allocated to the rest of the world. The first 500 apportioned to the U.S. market are already gone. At this writing, the last 500 have gone into the pipeline to distributors.

Suggested retail price is $1,357. It's probably worth it. Of course, you can read that figure as "one three-fifty-seven." You can get two "three-fifty-sevens" for the same price, specifically a matched pair of Beretta Cougars chambered for the .357 SIG cartridge. The last time I looked, the list price of the standard model Beretta 92F with plain Bruniton finish was $676. You can buy two of them for the same price as one Billennium, and get five dollars change. "
I wonder what it would cost to buy an Inox and have a custom shop turn it into a Billenium? Hell I wouldn't mind an Inox with just those grips :cool:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
MSRP was $1357 I believe.

They've been selling north of $2,000 lately with ease, more depending on condition. I don't know that I've seen one listed and sold at $3600 starting bid though...... :confused:
I believe I read over at the Beretta forum last year that they had gone as high as $3900.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I wonder what it would cost to buy an Inox and have a custom shop turn it into a Billenium? Hell I wouldn't mind an Inox with just those grips :cool:
Moving the safety to the frame would be the challenge.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I believe I read over at the Beretta forum last year that they had gone as high as $3900.

They're worth whatever someone is willing to pay I guess. I had thought about buying one over the years when they have been under $2k, when they were around $2k, even when they were going for around 2.5. But I just couldn't ever do it. I'd rather spend $2k on two beretta Elite II, Elite IA, or 92G-SD.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I would never pay three grand but this is the sexiest pistol I've ever laid my eyes on..
I see your Beretta, and raise you...

$ForumRunner_20140923_000000.png

Blah blah Galaxy S4 blah ForumRunner.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I just looked at the auction. This one is "new in box" and has the trigger tags on it. It probably will sell for a premium. Guys at the beretta forum just about wet their pants at the chance to have a billennium with the tags on it....and then keep it forever as a safe queen until they sell it....

I know one thing, if I owned a billy I'd be shooting it. I probably wouldn't holster it, but I'd definitely be shooting it often.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts