Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
To rule the magazines out, insert a magazine and load a round as normally as you can. Once chambered (ensure pistol is on safe and pointed in a safe direction) remove the magazine, aim at target, flip off the safety and fire at the target. Additionally, check to ensure that you or him are not limp-wristing the gun. Yes, you can limp-wrist a 9mm. Recoil spring probably isn't a problem unless you're shooting some underpowered handloads. Extractor, maybe. Are you able to hand cycle rounds through the pistol? (put a magazine in, while on safe and pointed in a safe direction, continuously rack the slide in an attempt to manually cycle the pistol)

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Forgot to mention, make sure you're actually using magazines made for the M9/92FS and that they're in good repair. If they're military issue magazines and weren't made by Beretta, more than likely they'll need new springs. The Checkmate mags had notoriously bad springs, and this problem was made worse by people who never really took care of their magazines and armories that did not buy magazines until they all were worn out. I was so spoiled by the sand-resistant Beretta mags we got on my last deployment, I bought some for my personal 92FS :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.