Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im am so stuck on which to buy. I shot the beretta it felt great in my hand and i was accurate with it. I have only shot a compact xd once. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Your use is important to answer your question.
The 92 is a bulky heavy gun to carry. The 4.5 is large too but it's lighter because it has a polymer frame instead of metal. The weight of the 92 will reduce felt recoil though. The XDm is striker fired vs the 92 being hammer fired. This means that the trigger pull will be different between the guns.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
well i'll be honest, if i had a choice, i'd take the XD over the 92. why?

round count.

19 vs 15, or 17 if you can find the mags (yeah right!). i'll take the firepower because i can train myself to shoot better with anything. It just takes range time, which let's be honest, is fun.

until you get good...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would pick the beretta for a range gun or home defense. Its just an easier gun to shoot. I have always considered polymer guns to be conceal carry guns. I dont like full size polymer guns. Personally i would go to a 1911.

·
Registered
537 Posts
As much as I loved my M9, I prefer the XDM all day long. It is more comfortable to shoot and carry. This is coming from someone who EDC'd an M9 concealed.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Your use is important to answer your question.
The 92 is a bulky heavy gun to carry. The 4.5 is large too but it's lighter because it has a polymer frame instead of metal. The weight of the 92 will reduce felt recoil though. The XDm is striker fired vs the 92 being hammer fired. This means that the trigger pull will be different between the guns.
Isn't the Beretta a double, single action too?

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Personally--and having owned both an XDm and a 92FS...

I'd get the Beretta, hands down. In my experience, a much nicer pistol, and even taking the DA trigger into account, a better trigger.

Then I'd send it to Wilson Combat...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Both are fantastic guns. I love my XDm, but my Beretta never ceases to amaze me. I have wanted a 92, but I got a PX4 due to its weight, replaceable backstraps and magazine capacity for my first handgun. I tend to agree with Cuda. Besides, the mags are everywhere, along with aftermarket mags and they are cheap.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have both and so far I like the xdm better. I shoot better with the xdm at least and it points very natural for me. I may sell my beretta and I had wanted one for a long time. If I keep the beretta I may get a new adjustable rear sight.

·
Registered
238 Posts
With the factory sights my Beretta shoots like #3 and not #2 like the xdm. Once I get new sights to correct that I think ill be happy with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always say one of each! That way you cover all your bases. LOL

If I had to pick then I would go with the XDM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts