Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am unaware of a mag adapter for the 9000 models, I thought the adapters were for the carbines only. At any rate, I would recommend that you visit Welcome to the Beretta Forum. I go there from time to time for info on my cougar, and I bet they can answer your 9000 question. Good luck bud.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they discontinued the 9000 they stopped making magazines for it and people found that 92 and 96 Beretta mags would work but needed a adapter which Beretta made for the 9000 ( kinda like the XD SC sleeve ). But Beretta stopped making them also :sad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
When they discontinued the 9000 they stopped making magazines for it and people found that 92 and 96 Beretta mags would work but needed a adapter which Beretta made for the 9000 ( kinda like the XD SC sleeve ). But Beretta stopped making them also :sad:

Sorry to dredge up such an old discussion - but I was looking for mags for my .40 - and I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these extensions to bring to my machinist and get COPIED...

Also have a local plastics shop that could make copies of this - just need an OEM example for drawings/prototype.

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to dredge up such an old discussion - but I was looking for mags for my .40 - and I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these extensions to bring to my machinist and get COPIED...

Also have a local plastics shop that could make copies of this - just need an OEM example for drawings/prototype.

Rick
I am also interested in this adapter. If you can get your contact to make them please let me know. I would be interested in purchasing them as we'll.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If anyone HAS ONE they can lend/rent - I can get them dupe'd.

Either injection molded or machined from hard plastic.

Beretta and various other vendors still have OEM mags in 9mm - but none in .40 that I've been able to find.

I "tried" an 11 rd 96 mag (without adapter) in the gun, and racking a round in drops the mag. Likely, the lip on the side of the adapter provides some lateral tension against the catch that prevents this. An old (2003) Beretta catalog talks about "minor fitting" possibly being necessary on the mags to make them work correctly with the adapter.

Personally - I'm worried less about extended capacity mags (since this is my sub-c carry) than I am about the (lack of) availability of extras in .40 (with 96FS Mags in .40 being readily available)...

If anyone DOES have one they can loan for about a week - or can do an exact CAD/Blueprint - shoot me a PM.

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
:)I have a new one in pack #BRC59954. They are just about impossible to find and very expensive (There are 2 on eBay right now for $122.00. I don't know about loaning it out for copy purposes. I would expect an agreement that I would get a certain amount of the new adapters free. I think that would be fair.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Rick
If you find a way to start makeing these extensions/sleeves let me know. I too would like to have one for obvious reasons. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Believe it or not I was going through my box of random parts found an owners manual and mag spacer. Might list it on eBay. Is it worth anything?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eureka.
I was thinking too much had been made about a little cuff. I need the adapter too. I have many fs92 mags and only 2 10 round s9000.
So., I was able to use a hockey stick end cap for a fabricated cuff adapter.
Easy to grind, file and cut.
Doesn't look as pretty as the real deal but works the same.
Keeps the longer mag still and hockey sticks are close enough to the rectangle size of the mag.

·
Premium Member
127,171 Posts
It's alive! :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts