Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they mean I've heard cleaims its references to tiers of quality/metal higher numbers cost more and all sorts of stuff mythbust this for me cause i'm confused.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I only have one of my Benchmades on me. Under the butterfly is the model number. On the other side of the blade is a number that represents the type of steel used for the blade, e.g. 154CM. Under that, it says Mel Pardue Design. ;)

A higher "steel number" does not necessarily represent better quality steel.

Moreover, "better" is a relative term. Different types of steel are more suited for different uses.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have one of my Benchmades on me. Under the butterfly is the model number. On the other side of the blade is a number that represents the type of steel used for the blade, e.g. 154CM. Under that, it says Mel Pardue Design. ;)

A higher "steel number" does not necessarily represent better quality steel.

Moreover, "better" is a relative term. Different types of steel are more suited for different uses.
model number, yup I know about steel thats why I was calling bs on what they were trying to tell me.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Some are also patent numbers. Most model numbers are 3 digits with nothing else next to them except for an occasional model name.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
If you're referring to this:

then it's the model number of the knife (model 555 mini-Griptillian)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts