Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas on belts, I currently use a IWB CYA Holster for my 3” 9mm Mod 2. Also I have the outside waistband Springfield Armory paddle holster. Suggestions for belts to use? My leather belt doesn’t hold up well and provides slack when I pull the pistol from my holster

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
For my XDS 4.0 I use a G-code Incog IWB holster that has 1.75" belt clips. I wore a Vertx 1.75" belt with raptor buckle. Worked okay. Doesn't fit through blue jean belt loops. Doesn't fit through a lot of dress pant belt loops. Or shorts. So basically you're stuck wearing tactical-ish pants with something that wide. When I got my G19 and using a Bravo Concealment holster, they're equipped with 1.5" clips/loops, so I needed a new belt. Went with an Ares Gear belt. Most expensive belt I'll ever buy, but I've had it almost a year and it looks brand new. Comfortable, easy to put on and off, goes with just about anything, and doesn't look tactical at all. I think the Crossbreed belts use a similar, if not the same, buckle, just on different belt material.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! I will add, if I may - I’m looking for options in the $20-$30 range. Not really to keen on spending $60-$80 on a belt that I’ll be using very conservatively.

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Thank you all! I will add, if I may - I’m looking for options in the $20-$30 range. Not really to keen on spending $60-$80 on a belt that I’ll be using very conservatively.
No offense intended, but you can have a good, stiff carry belt that won’t sag, or you can have a cheap belt...you’ll have to decide which is more important to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agh man! There’s no in between huh? The market could use a quality belt that uses different materials to pass as quality but affordable! I’ll write that down in my journal for businesses to start.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
These are my go-to belts for IWB carry and they are reasonably priced. The leather one can pull off casual or semi-dress pretty well and is stiff enough for OWB also. I wear those the most often. The double-duty TDU is all casual and not nearly as stiff but it is double thick webbing which works pretty well for IWB clips but not very well for OWB.

1.5" Casual Leather Belt

Belt Belt buckle Buckle Leather Fashion accessory

1.5" Double Duty TDU® Belt

Belt Belt buckle Buckle Fashion accessory Brown

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are my go-to belts for IWB carry and they are reasonably priced. The leather one can pull off casual or semi-dress pretty well and is stiff enough for OWB also. I wear those the most often. The double-duty TDU is all casual and not nearly as stiff but it is double thick webbing which works pretty well for IWB clips but not very well for OWB.

1.5" Casual Leather Belt

View attachment 605627

1.5" Double Duty TDU® Belt

View attachment 605629
Thank you very much! Such a great suggestion, I actually came across the TDU on amazon and at first glance it looked promising! I will definitely be going with that one! In the near future I will opt for a nice tactical leather one for OWB Carry if necessary. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thank you very much! Such a great suggestion, I actually came across the TDU on amazon and at first glance it looked promising! I will definitely be going with that one! In the near future I will opt for a nice tactical leather one for OWB Carry if necessary. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Make sure to get the Double Duty TDU as it is double thick. The regular TDU belt is only single layer webbing and not thick enough to effectively secure an IWB holster clip.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Check Hank's for irregulars. Good, sturdy leather belts that won't break the bank. I also like Urban Carry's leather belts.

For a nylon belt Vedder makes a good one with a downsized Cobra buckle that you can actually thread through your belt loops... also very stiff.

The Blackhawk CQB rigger's belt is very budget-friendly, but also sturdy enough to hold your gun and infinitely adjustable..

I'm not a fan of the steel and/or plastic reinforced belts for EDC. Nothing inherently wrong with them, just not for me. You can plan on spending around 50 bucks for a good belt, a bit less for one that will just get the job done (like the Blackhawk). A carry belt is a lot like a cc holster in that sometimes it takes a few missteps before finding what you really like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you very much boss! Very informative!
Check Hank's for irregulars. Good, sturdy leather belts that won't break the bank. I also like Urban Carry's leather belts.

For a nylon belt Vedder makes a good one with a downsized Cobra buckle that you can actually thread through your belt loops... also very stiff.

The Blackhawk CQB rigger's belt is very budget-friendly, but also sturdy enough to hold your gun and infinitely adjustable..

I'm not a fan of the steel and/or plastic reinforced belts for EDC. Nothing inherently wrong with them, just not for me. You can plan on spending around 50 bucks for a good belt, a bit less for one that will just get the job done (like the Blackhawk). A carry belt is a lot like a cc holster in that sometimes it takes a few missteps before finding what you really like.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've been using a Hank's LTP belt for 2 years now. No sag. Quality leather. Been holding up to any abuse I've thrown it's way. If you have to get a regular belt, not the LTP, it's still a reasonably priced quality belt.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 1.5" Spec Ops that I wear every day with an IWB holster. I also use it with an OWB holster and really like it. I have a 1.75 inch belt too but the 1.5" is thick enough for me

I prefer an adjustable belt over a leather belt with fixed holes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.