Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this thread & XD. Thanks to all the knowledgable folks out here, as I've already picked up a bunch!

I've seen a few postings around asking for holster recommendations, but didn't see much on belts. Any recommendations on a 1 1/2" nylon belt? I didn't easily find anyhing below 1 3/4" when googling and thought someone here might know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Wilderness type belt (It's a Galco knock off), and it's quite good, but limited in terms of fashion.

If you want a high quality, affordable leather belt, I'd strongly recommend Rafter S gunleather. (www.raftersgunleather.com) By far the most affordable belt in it's class.

--Leibster

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a Rafter S Gunleather belt. I like it a lot. I use it even when I am not carrying. But otherwise it is a nice stiff strong leather belt where my holster stays put. I couldn't afford their more 'exotic' leathers, but I turst that they are all very high quality.
They are a very good looking daily wear belt that gives no signs of what you might be hanging on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help!!

Wilderness was *exactly* what I was looking for but couldn't find. Just ordered the belt & let 'em know this forum is where they got the biz from.

I was primarily looking for a decent IDPA belt to use with a holster I already had and like, but with only 1 1/2" belt slots. As soon as my carry permit comes in, I'll check out the leather sites too. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
The Hume belts are good looking and can be worn with every-day attire. They are lined and very rigid, perfect for CCW. I like them, and use them for competition. I have access to a lot of belts, and like the Hume belts the best.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Old School said:
The Hume belts are good looking and can be worn with every-day attire. They are lined and very rigid, perfect for CCW. I like them, and use them for competition. I have access to a lot of belts, and like the Hume belts the best.
Old School,

What width are the Hume belts?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've worn Akers dress CCW belts for years. The one I'm wearing now is about 3 years old and it still looks great. It has a polymer strip sewn inside and supports full size pistol , all day, w/o a problem. The price is right, too. You'll have no regrets with this belt.

Last time I looked Galls had the best price: http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=LP224 I'm sure other places sell them too.

Stove

1 - 13 of 13 Posts