Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a Supertuck. Which belt should I buy? Can anyone offer their opinion based on experience with either Belt man or Crossbreed belts? I can't try one out, so I'll order blind, depending on recommendations.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I use a Beltman belt with a Crossbreed
I never tried the Crossbreed belt and sure they are of great quality.
The Beltman belt is very heavy duty and should last (me) a lifetime.
I have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have one of each. They are both fine belts. My Crossbreed belt is a little stiffer. That could be because it came from Crossbreed with a strip of velcro stitched to the inside surface to go with the v-clips that I bought with it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. Sounds like a toss-up between the two. For you with Supertucks, do you use 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" belts? How do those sizes work? Which size would be best for the Supertuck? Also, how much spacing between holes? I didn't see a choice for the Crossbreed, but the Belt man had a choice between 1" and 3/4"(?). I like the idea of shorter hole spacing for a more precise fit.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Take a look at Comp-Tac, I just received mine and it's a super belt and super comfortable and it only took 4 days to get. I will say it's not the cheapest belt but I am sure it will last me a long time as the quality it superb !!! but then again so is the MTAC holster I got from them.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
another vote for Mark's product, I think I have 3 cbst and the crossbreed belt. been wearing it daily for going on 3 or 4 years now, and it is every bit as good now as it was then you cant go wrong with the crossbreed belt. Plus buying cb, you are supporting one of us here and an all around great guy

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thanks, guys. Sounds like a toss-up between the two. For you with Supertucks, do you use 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" belts? How do those sizes work? Which size would be best for the Supertuck? Also, how much spacing between holes? I didn't see a choice for the Crossbreed, but the Belt man had a choice between 1" and 3/4"(?). I like the idea of shorter hole spacing for a more precise fit.
I went with 1 1/2", I was afraid the 1 3/4 would not fit through the belt loops on all my pants.
I also went with the 3/4" hole spacing on my Beltman belt, I figured it would give me finer adjustment to keep things comfortable.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I don't use either of the belts, but I can tell you to go with 1 1/2" on the width.

I use to have a 1 3/4 width belt and it is just enough that most clips will not fit on it (cell phone cases or such). I believe I saw somewhere that Mark @ Crossbreed recommended the 1 1/2 as well.

If you were OCing I might recommend the 1 3/4", but since you're carrying IWB, I would go 1 1/2".

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I have a couple CrossBreed belts. Both are of good quality. I recently came across another belt-maker, RG Leather whose work is second-to-none. His prices are also very competitive. He made me a belt in a custom width and didn't charge me any more than his standard-width belts.Welcome To RG Leather

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paid almost $100 for this belt and within a month his rounded chrome buckled started to rub the finish off of the top belt edge at the center hole. He blamed it entirely on me stating that it was from bending back the belt when putting it on (absolutely NOT true) and offered only to spot repair flawed product with edge dressing (paint) with me paying shipping to and from his location.

The warranty isnt worth anything. The belt is very sturdy and I was very pleased until the failure of this product was met with a lame excuse and my loss. Would not recommend this product...too many choices out there to put up with this. I am left to fend for myself to repair (purchase and paint myself) his flaw or spend another chunk of money on a new belt.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Paid almost $100 for this belt and within a month his rounded chrome buckled started to rub the finish off of the top belt edge at the center hole. He blamed it entirely on me stating that it was from bending back the belt when putting it on (absolutely NOT true) and offered only to spot repair flawed product with edge dressing (paint) with me paying shipping to and from his location.

The warranty isnt worth anything. The belt is very sturdy and I was very pleased until the failure of this product was met with a lame excuse and my loss. Would not recommend this product...too many choices out there to put up with this. I am left to fend for myself to repair (purchase and paint myself) his flaw or spend another chunk of money on a new belt.
I have had my Beltman belt for a year now and looks like the day it was made.
your saying the belt "failed" because it has a wear mark. You make it sound like the worst thing that has ever happened. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't use either of the belts, but I can tell you to go with 1 1/2" on the width.

I use to have a 1 3/4 width belt and it is just enough that most clips will not fit on it (cell phone cases or such). I believe I saw somewhere that Mark @ Crossbreed recommended the 1 1/2 as well.

If you were OCing I might recommend the 1 3/4", but since you're carrying IWB, I would go 1 1/2".
Or.....you can even drop down to a 1 1/4" width on belts from The Beltman. I prefer the narrower width and 3/4" hole spacing that he offers.

As far as service from The Beltman, I sent in my older belt with a request to re-stitch the area that my SuperTuck clips had abraded over time, and for only the cost of shipping I got back my old belt that looked brand new.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Love my Crossbreed belt, I wear it pretty much all the time, even when I'm not carrying, and When I have my CBST clipped to it, it's solid, locked into place, awesome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts