Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Crossbreed belly band and an ankle holster.

I've watched several videos on the crossbreed belly band. Seems legit. Searched on here and didn't come up with a solid answer for a review. Anyone? I farm and during the winter I wear insulated overalls with just thermals under. Only suggestion of carrying this way I've read is pocket carry which for me doing so all day is annoying, rigging something up through your overalls, or belly-band. I also wear basketball shorts around the house a lot in the summer and its annoying to change each time I run out for errands. Solution on this was a belly band.

For an ankle holster I was wanting something for my lcp and/or xds. I wear a lot of sweatpants boot fit at the bottom in winter around the house. Once again its annoying to change into jeans running out for errands. I have a pocket holster for lcp. Good quality holster but not good for me. Hate extra **** in my pockets banging around. Plus since I don't carry in pocket but a few times a month, I end up coming home taking jacket off etc and leaving the gun in my coat. Curious to good quality leather or kydex ankle holsters? Looked at Galco but nothing for xds or lcp. Very odd!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have a cheap belly band I use from time to time, there are threads here about them . Some like , some don't. I had to modify mine but a galco surly would be better. For your summer it sounds like an option. Don't think I'd enjoy using it in the winter, in the wardrobe you have described, on a working farm. More apt to look at shoulder rigs .

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
If you decide on a shoulder rig ,give us a look.. We do make this style rig for many firearms,with or with out lasers..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing about a shoulder rig it'll expose my gun at times. I take my coat off when bedding barns or in nursery. Guess it doesn't matter much since its a family business on our private land. Also we all go to town for lunch almost every day and I usually take my coat off for the ride to town and entering place of business.

Decisions decisions. I'll take a look at your products Houseboat. Appreciate it. Was looking at a shoulder rig but decided not because of above statement. Maybe I'll just have to keep my coat on.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Of your choices, belly band.

I'd wear real pants instead though.

I see no upside to an ankle holster. It's a very slow draw and the added weight can cause joint pain.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I wish I could carry with my tactical daisy dukes on but the tip of my gun sticks out the bottom of my shorts! I can't tape it in place like my other gun.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something you ca wear a belt with. Jeans, slacks, tactical daisy dukes, whatever.
Then why wouldn't I just carry my gun in my crossbreed holster?

I'm wanting something for basketball shorts and sweatpants.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at Crossbreed belly band and an ankle holster.

I've watched several videos on the crossbreed belly band. Seems legit. Searched on here and didn't come up with a solid answer for a review. Anyone? I farm and during the winter I wear insulated overalls with just thermals under. Only suggestion of carrying this way I've read is pocket carry which for me doing so all day is annoying, rigging something up through your overalls, or belly-band. I also wear basketball shorts around the house a lot in the summer and its annoying to change each time I run out for errands. Solution on this was a belly band.

For an ankle holster I was wanting something for my lcp and/or xds. I wear a lot of sweatpants boot fit at the bottom in winter around the house. Once again its annoying to change into jeans running out for errands. I have a pocket holster for lcp. Good quality holster but not good for me. Hate extra **** in my pockets banging around. Plus since I don't carry in pocket but a few times a month, I end up coming home taking jacket off etc and leaving the gun in my coat. Curious to good quality leather or kydex ankle holsters? Looked at Galco but nothing for xds or lcp. Very odd!

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a USGunGear ankle holster for my LCP and really like it. It takes a time or two to get used to the "feel" that the gun is moving around, but in reality - it's not.

The holster has a calf strap that goes just below your knee and a strap that connects it with the holster and its ankle wrap. I've worn it with cargo pants and it disappears very well. It's great for the car as seatbelts and car seats don't seem to hand in hand with anything worn around ones waist.

The only drawback? Forgetting that you're wearing it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I own the CB Belly Band for my XDs. I wear it daily, when I'm walking my dogs. It's perfect for when you're wearing jogging shorts or pants with no belt loops. The belt has strong Velcro that wraps over the holster and really holds the gun secure. The only drawback is that they only sell kydex holsters for single stack pistols, so I can't use it with my new XD Mod.2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts