Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellas and fellets!

I have a question about your IWB's and what position you put them at. The pistol in hand is a XDM40c. I know normal sized people put them at about 3:30 for right handed shooters. I've tried a few different positions with different cants and the best I can do is 3:30 with 1 notch off full cant forward.

I'm not necessarily printing but the top of the slide bulges out slightly. I don't want to change my posture, but I'll do what I can to conceal it as best as possible.

Where are my skinny people at!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I carry closer to 4:00 with the front clip in the bottom hole and the back clip in the second hole. The tough part for me is find T-shirts long enough to tuck and have enough left to "blouse", so I pretty much always wear a T with a loose fitting button up shirt with some sort of a break up pattern, that seems work much better than a solid color.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm a skinny person. The back sight sits maybe just in front of 3:00, and the handle of the gun tucks into my side and goes to about the 4:00 position. Even with a fairly tight t-shirt on the only thing visible through my shirt is a little point from the right side of the back sight. You can tell something is there but it definitely doesn't yell out "gun!". It could be anything on my belt, cell phone, etc.

The handle never prints because its pressing into my side. Even when sitting down, the only time you can ever see the handle is if I lean as far forward as I can.

I use a comp-tac MTAC holster. Right clip is all the way down, left clip is one from the bottom.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm at pretty much the same position as the poster above....I go full cant though.

My "aha" moment came when realizing i don't have to go up a size in pants. If you are skinny or have no arse then make sure your pants and belt are tight. This will help with any sag.

HTH.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I Mexican carry a full size USP 45 at 1 o clock like a boss.
YMMV

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I've tried to figure it out, but I give up!!!

What is CBH?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cross breed holster Chev. Yeah I seem to like the 4 o'clock. It's the most comfortable, and the most hidden so far. I'll play around with some other different spots in the next few days.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Cross breed holster Chev. Yeah I seem to like the 4 o'clock. It's the most comfortable, and the most hidden so far. I'll play around with some other different spots in the next few days.

If I carry that far back then when I sit down and am sitting straight up or leaning slightly forward, the handle pokes through my shirt pretty badly. I feel like it might be more comfortable to carry closer to 4:00, and is invisible when I'm standing (even though the spot I carry at the rear sight just barely pokes the side of my shirt), but every time I've put the gun there and sat down and looked at myself in the mirror, there's no doubt that I have a gun on me. The handle just sticks out way too far, and with the way it prints you can definitely tell it's the handle of a gun

·
Registered
413 Posts
I want to see some pictures, if anybody has some, so that I can see how this looks. I am have an appointment to get my CWP and I am waiting to get my SA XD9sc and I want to get a CBST and was wondering how I should carry. I always wear a tshirt and I was wondering if I would have to change the way I dress. Thanks.

·
Banned
744 Posts
I want to see some pictures, if anybody has some, so that I can see how this looks. I am have an appointment to get my CWP and I am waiting to get my SA XD9sc and I want to get a CBST and was wondering how I should carry. I always wear a tshirt and I was wondering if I would have to change the way I dress. Thanks.
Word of advice smoakie: order a comp Tac MTAC holster unless you want to wait until labor day if you get the one you mentioned.

Also, its hard asking people how YOU should carry. The best bet is to get your UNLOADED gun and whatever holster you get and try different positions.

It took me a couple of weeks to figure mine out. I had it at the 4:30-5 position and HATED it. I couldnt sit back in a seat and especially my truck seat. It would literally push into my back and cause pain

I played around with the cant and now carry at 3-3:30 with a slight can't. Not as absolutely concealed as 5 o'clock but VERY comfortable and still concealed to the point where someone would have to know I was carrying first to even notice, at least in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
And I'll put in a plug for Tommy Theis. I got my holster in nine days from order to my door step, and depending on where you live, it may be even shorter. He shipped in five days. He's based in Arkansas and I'm in Seattle, so the shipping took a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same gun and and holster, and I'm skinny. I wear it at 3:00 with a forward cant. The grip tucks right up against my side. I don't tuck my t shirt in, and with my more snug t shirts the back of the slide prints a bit, but just looks like a cell phone. Other than that, it works really well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think there is a side/rearward position that I can put my Xdm in that wont mar up my seats in my car, since the bolsters of the seat stick out a bit. I like the 3-3:30 when I'm wearing a longsleeve shirt but tshirt or polo I'd definetly have to wear it at 4+. I'll post a pic on how it looks at both positions.

Thanks for the insight

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First 3 are at 4:30ish and the last 2 are at 3:30ish. the 3:30 print's a bit worse at a 35 degree. Hides great at those positions standing, but I need to work on to do's and not to do's when out and about.

And yeah yeah I eat more than 1 cracker a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Word of advice smoakie: order a comp Tac MTAC holster unless you want to wait until labor day if you get the one you mentioned.

Also, its hard asking people how YOU should carry. The best bet is to get your UNLOADED gun and whatever holster you get and try different positions.

It took me a couple of weeks to figure mine out. I had it at the 4:30-5 position and HATED it. I couldnt sit back in a seat and especially my truck seat. It would literally push into my back and cause pain

I played around with the cant and now carry at 3-3:30 with a slight can't. Not as absolutely concealed as 5 o'clock but VERY comfortable and still concealed to the point where someone would have to know I was carrying first to even notice, at least in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+1. I love my MTAC. I noticed the same thing also with sitting. Anything further back than 3:30ish, its impossible to sit back in a seat.

And I can't wear it in my car no matter where I have it. I'll be mounting a holster under the dashboard I think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's a tip from a fat guy that might help you skinny guys out. I wear a long t-shirt tucked in and a Hawaiian shirt over it unbuttoned. I have carried my Beretta M9 and XD full size without any noticeable printing. I use mainly should er rigs but have carried over the waist as well without issue.

One of the gun shops I frequent, I know the owner and he knows I carry. There have been a number of times I have been in the store when a customer brings up carry issue with guns and he tells them they should ask to see if I have trouble with carrying. I show them my rig and they will always respond they had no idea.

Hopefully this may prove helpful to some here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts