Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going CMMG through and through.

Now, my biggest dilemma is where to buy (because of pricing issues).

Lowers:
Assuming someone has a stripped, it's friggin $200. I'm thinking go straight through CMMG and get everything I want (diff grip, stock) PLUS assembled for $400. Assembling it all myself I figure on $380. Is it WORTH that extra $20 bones to know it was done right? I'm sort of thinking yes. Actually, $415 shipped before FFL transfer fee ($25 @ shop down the road).

Sure building on my own would be more fun, but it'd also be a horribly drawn out process that would quite possibly end up with me being frustrated.

Uppers:
CMMG 16 mid. Settled. Just gotta find out where to buy.

What're y'all's thoughts on getting the lower ordered from the CMMG site as I want it?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
think you'll have a bit of wait at this point...

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure that ... I'm patient enough. It's not like I can't do other things while waiting. Also, that just gives me more time to select the optics and other crap I want on it. ;) I don't usually rush into big things so I'm willing to wait for it to be done right.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Can you order from CMMG's site? I know the RRA site the FFL has to contact them to place the order. It's up to you on how much you want to learn. You could always buy your first and build your second, but to build you will have to invest some research and time into it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Assuming someone has a stripped, it's friggin $200.
Yikes... is that really the going rate for a CMMG now? I know prices have gone up with demand, but I purchased one 2 weeks ago for $125 before tax.

With the wait you'll have for the upper I would build. You can save yourself more than you think if you get parts off the EE over on AR15.com. I saved myself about $120 on my lower by building. If I had bought it as is from CMMG it would have run me about $440. I build it for around $320. That includes a CMMG LPK, ACE ARFX skeleton stock (gently used of the EE on AR15.com), and a MIAD full grip kit. It was simple and it gives you a much better idea of how your weapon functions. I had no prior experience with an AR-15.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I bought CMMG lowers for $150 a piece. They were the last place who had them in stock at the time. Plus shipping, plus transfer fees.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought CMMG lowers for $150 a piece. They were the last place who had them in stock at the time. Plus shipping, plus transfer fees.
I'll have to call my local dealer in the morning. See if he can still get them and what the price is now.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EE at ar15.com? What is EE? Something exchange?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Aim Surplus has 16" CMMG middies, and stripped lowers. The lower is around $110, the upper is $525. Both have $.01 shipping.

Since they weren't taking orders today, I'm placing an order with them for the upper tomorrow. I'm going to see about getting a CMMG lower locally, as to avoid the hassle of needing an FFL. I'm sure in the rush they're in they might screw something up with that.

I checked out CMMG's site, and it looks like the upper is an extra $50 or so, but you'll probably get it sooner. I think AIM is out of both the upper and lower...so you're gonna wait a few.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Aim is out of stock of CMMGs and has been for quite some time ...

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone is out of stock of everything :lol:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You may just want to order from CMMG's website. Depending on what you want they may have it in stock, but it looks like most things are winding up in backorder by now. It's too bad, I know.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I, placed an order today with CMMG for a mid-upper they are on back order with about 12 week wait.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yeah, we're in for a long one Doc. (I ordered my 16" mid length today... I didn't call and ask how long cause I've heard from severl people here already :( ). Well, I've got 3 months to finish the lower and safe up for all the other good stuff for it.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I, placed an order today with CMMG for a mid-upper they are on back order with about 12 week wait.
12 weeks. whoa!

:shock::shock:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I called CMMG to make my order, the guy I was talking too sounded pretty knowledgeable when we were configuring it over the phone. He started asking me questions I almost forgot to tell him on the little details. Just call their number and when the operator answers, tell them you want to make an order. They'll transfer you to someone for that will help you.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
CMMG is on a LONG wait. I think I saw someone on here say they are going on 16 weeks.

I am so happy I got my rifle finished before all this election mess.:D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Parts Kits - FFE&

Fire for Effect still has some CMMG kits available. price went up but not much in comparison to everywhere else.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts