Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a true newbie, never having owned a gun, but I had been considering it for several months. So in mid August I just stroll in to a local gun shop and start looking around. The very nice salesman asked me what I was looking for and I truthfully told him I wasn't sure. He mentions they have a sale going on and hands me an sales ad. Mind you I had not really researched prices much but I had watched several GuntalkTV reviews of various pistols. So I noticed they had the XD 45 with the 2 mags, mag loader, and case in the ad for $339. That immediately caught my eye, since all the other XD's were at least $489. It didnt take me long to decide to buy one, but they were sold out. The ad was a mistake and it was supposed to be $449. The gun shop had honored the price mistake and even let me order one at that price!!!! Well, they messed up my order and it didnt go through until September 6, so now I qualify for the 3 extra mags. $339 for the XD 45, 5 mags, holster, 2 mag pouches, mag loader and case....I am a happy new owner. Put 50 through it Sunday and it was flawless.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sweet deal! And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Way to stick it to the man!!! :D No, really, you did good! Congratulations.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You are kidding me... that's amazing. I'm almost considering buying another one so I would have 10 mags and 2 45ACP Tacs that I could swap barrels on. That is a super sweet deal though. I'm Jealous!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow...just WOW. That's a great buy. I'm super jealous right now! Lol. Well congrats and welcome from north Idaho!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pics or it didn't happen :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Might remember to 'repay' that shop with some directed business - mention good service to others (maybe without the $$ details, they can't anways do that). Even buy some ammo or accessories there. Plinking ammo may be cheaper at wallyworld, but for some good SD ammo might not be much price difference. Stop by to chat.

Welcome to the XD world. You should find good information reading thru the forum. Most questions have been discussed somewhere. But feel free to find new ones.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
wow, great deal. Lucky - you should buy a lottery ticket too. Welcome to the forum - you've found a great place with many helpful and experienced members.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Nicely done! That's a really sweet deal indeed! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new pistol!

·
Registered
595 Posts
wow I am jealous sweet deal. welcome to the forum. I personally have found a lot of great info here I am sure you will as well.

Oh almost forgot. pic's or it did not happen :)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Nice first post. You definitely got a sweet (almost beyond belief) deal.

And yes,... buy a lottery ticket, pics or your lying, I have to now also officially hate you because of my jealousy, and... welcome. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
WOW, just...Wow, you got an awesome deal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts