1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is everyone's 10MM XDM working?
any breakage?
signs of wear? good or bad?
bought two last year before my grandson and I were hit heading to Dairy Queen. he had minor injuries, I was almost dead for several days. seven surgeries the first seven months trying to save my shattered leg. still wearing a Fixator on the leg. probably won't get to ride this year, should begin shooting again soon. ICU for the first week. idiots exiting parking lots as fast as possible tend to do a lot of harm to bikers.
with only a few hundred through my 10MM XDM's, I have been very impressed.
anyone put theirs through a torture session? lots of rounds?
what is your overall impression?
I like mine better than other manufacturers 10's.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you're doing better! I remember you from your "almost dead" thread: almost dead
first seven months, seven surgeries.
#6 early January, bone infection. six weeks, IV antibiotics around nine hours a day. that was brutal, then another four hours of surgery.
home in late March.
still wearing the Fixator. another 2 to 4 months, and that leg is now shorter than the other, considerably.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Man, that's a rough road!
they could not tell my children at first if I was going to survive.
then after three weeks in the hospital, they predicted 6 to 8 months in rehab nursing home.
first home in 3 months. live alone. bone infection sent me back after two months. home again I end of March, still got the leg.
miracle #1, I lived.
#2, home way head of schedule.
#3, still got my OEM leg.

·
Registered
11,623 Posts
Welcome back @refugeepj. I am glad hear you made it and your grandson only received minor injuries. Sending best wishes to you for a continued recovery.

I have ridden motorcycles nearly my entire life. However, it has really become so darn dangerous that it has me considering calling it quits. I have had numerous close calls over the last 10 years and am finding myself not enjoying riding as much, now. Literally, every time it was because of someone on their phone or texting. The others just weren't paying attention or just lost in their own little world.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Glad you’re defying the odds and healing up. Hate to see another rider injured but it feels like it’s more and more every day.

I’m considering selling the road bike and getting back on the dirt for the reasons hollow point mentioned, for me I don’t think it’s worth it anymore.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Glad to hear your healing up. I have been ridding like I used to. Had a dog that lived truck rides. And I loved that dog more than that bike. She’s gone now. So I’ll put a bit of work into the bike and get back out in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love my 5.25"! I've only got 100 rounds through it and just started reloading for it. It's my Jeep gun. You know how it is, gotta have a gun for every possible situation, right?
This pistol is the only full-sized, high capacity, big bore pistol on the planet that fits my little baby hands. I love it!

PS: I hope you're mending well and you haven't lost your appetite for riding. I can't imagine not wanting to ride anymore. Of course, I'm not in your shoes either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts