Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a new holster to use with my XDS 3.3 9mm. I'm in a unique situation that I am going through physical therapy through the end of the year. A few years ago I bought the original Bellyband from the Glockstore.com. I athletic shorts and a hoodie each morning as I ride our local mass transit to the location for therapy.

This morning I tried the XDS in the bellyband and it was a great fit. I put the bellyband on and wore it to and from therapy today. Super comfortable, very concealable, and it felt very secure while I was wearing it. I think tomorrow I may start carrying my extra magazine on the opposite side.

Anyone else carry an XDS in the Bellyband?

CP

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Not an XDS but others have not worked well for me. After bending over a few times, the pistol always works itself up and out of the bellyband. Not secure enough for me. Maybe it's my build but I don't think so. I'm 6'4" and about 210lbs. No beer gut to speak of so I'm not sure what causes the pistols to work their way out...
Have you done much bending over like while picking things up??? Otherwise, mine was comfortable.
Good luck with your therapy.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have a cheap version of one I use from time to time, I put snaps at the end of the Velcro and basically leather rivets at different points on the holster and mag area, mine was riding up like other posters. Works fine now

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am not home right now but I carry my XDs in a belly Band type holster with a thumb break. Don't remember the manufacturer right now but will post it later.

I carry with 2 xtra 5 round mags. Gun rides in an apendix carry area. Comfortable, concealable but not always an easy draw.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I wear a "glock store" bellyband on ocassion, mostly during the summer and walking my dogs. I carry a fullsized 1911, locked and loaded with no problem. In fact, since losing about 20 lbs, it is much easier.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you carry with a round in the chamber with a trigger weight under 7 pounds or so, then belly bands can be dangerous. They have poor protection around the trigger. This web page shows a couple of high quality belly band holsters: Holsters | Gear Official Store of the National Rifle Association
Thanks for the link! I practically live in either sweats or board shorts, so I've been looking for a good, comfortable way to carry which isn't going to require a sturdy belt.
Are you still happy with this set up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts