Springfield XD Forum banner

Bedside safe

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  gpstak 
#1 ·
Please move if this is in the wrong spot.

Any suggestions for a pistol safe for the bedside? To make things more complicated, I'm looking to store a glock 17L in it...so not the shortest of pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#2 ·
I have the speed vault mounted on the side of my night stand. We have 2 kids under the age of 3. I wanted a safe that was mounted out of plain sight but easily accessible. We got the digital keypad version but they also make a biometric version.

Actually we have 2 of these one for my gun and another for my wife so we both have mounted safes on our night stands. We set them up with the same combo so we don't need to remember each other's codes if we need access to the others gun.

#6 ·
I also have a Gun vault, but don't have a good night stand yet, so it's in my closet. Once I get a new nightstand, I'm definitely looking into the Speed Vault. I really like it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
No kids as of now. Only me and the lady. So I leave the xd on the bed side table.

sent by the german shepherd next to me

#16 · (Edited)
I just got a FAS1. Have not bolted it down yet but if you are looking for a gun "safe" this is much closer to that then most of the others listed here. Much thicker metal construction and a mechanical lock. They have a few sizes that will cover your need.

#21 ·
No kids for me to worry about,gun on night stand
I thought the same. Then it occurred to me having a readily reachable gun by an intruder if I am not roused by noise they make. Argues for an alarm system.

#25 ·
This is the FAS1-Magnum S (standard holster). There is room at the rear of the safe to store a couple magazines standing up under the latch catch. In the front you can stack magazines up to the depth of the holster under the muzzle. You can see a small pocket gun in the bottom of this one. There is room for a second full size handgun as long as you lay it upside down with the grip up and at the hinge end. More room on the right side as the gas spring takes a little room on the left.

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.