Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you know about Tasers? Today I was attacked twice. I was out with my wife walking our Jack Russell when 2 large American Bulldogs came at us. These dogs are vicious and have torn apart 2 other dogs in town before. Luckily I had a can of bear spray and an SF telescopic baton, and was able to repel the dogs. Then 20 minutes later, I was attacked again by a Sharpei. Again, I was able ot repel the dog with the bear spray and baton.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I would recommend a spray more, but where the F do you live? With a Taser you'd better hit them or you're going to have to get close. I know the LE Taser's are $20/ shot too, so I think the spray will be cheaper and more effective in your case.

·
Super Moderator
22,257 Posts

LOL all i can think of is posting this!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i would go bear spray for the above reasons, also it hurts more then a taser.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Is the spray very thick and concentrated? ( I know nothing about this stuff ) I am wondering about wind conditions, something a bullet doesn't have to deal with at short ranges. A dog off the leash ( or out of it's yard ) is living on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned, the owner obviously doesn't care.
P.S. a hockey stick is amazingly effective at adjusting a dogs attitude.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the spray very thick and concentrated? ( I know nothing about this stuff ) I am wondering about wind conditions, something a bullet doesn't have to deal with at short ranges. A dog off the leash ( or out of it's yard ) is living on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned, the owner obviously doesn't care.
P.S. a hockey stick is amazingly effective at adjusting a dogs attitude.
It was a fog. It worked well, but I continued to advance towards the dog with my baton until he stood down, and walked intot he fog and burned my eyes:shock:

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Sounds like you need to change your brand of cologne.

Seriously though, seems like you are already doing what needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Buy an anatolian sheperd and teach it to guard your Jack Russel, it will make short work of bulldogs, and like it.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I am in the Peoples Republic of Bankrupt California, and you can't CCW here :mad:
Yes you can. It depends on where you live as each county is different. Some it is impossible unless you are personal friends with the sheriff and the board of supervisors. In others, you fill out some paperwork, take a class and you get it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes you can. It depends on where you live as each county is different. Some it is impossible unless you are personal friends with the sheriff and the board of supervisors. In others, you fill out some paperwork, take a class and you get it.
I'm in a small town in SLO country and am not a good ole boy

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Naaaahhhhh...the X26 is a bad arse weapon. The taser hurts much worse, it just doesn't last as long.
Yes the X26 is a "bad arse weapon", but it's effects wear off immediately once it stops. Then the dog usually runs off and it pulls the two wires out of the cartridge so now you have a dog running around with two probes in it and 15ft of wires dragging behind. That's a little in humane if you ask me. If the Taser is your only option use it even if the above is the end result, but based on the title of this thread you have options. Plus, it's not $20 a shot.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Yes the X26 is a "bad arse weapon", but it's effects wear off immediately once it stops. Then the dog usually runs off and it pulls the two wires out of the cartridge so now you have a dog running around with two probes in it and 15ft of wires dragging behind. That's a little in humane if you ask me. If the Taser is your only option use it even if the above is the end result, but based on the title of this thread you have options. Plus, it's not $20 a shot.

A dog comes at me like that he's getting a few 124grn hot lead injections. I'm sure the two little prongs sticking out of him with copper wire trailing behind him is much more humane in most peoples eyes.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I'm in a small town in SLO country and am not a good ole boy
Get an address in Fresno County. Its nearby and is about as close to "shall issue" as you can get in CA.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A dog comes at me like that he's getting a few 124grn hot lead injections. I'm sure the two little prongs sticking out of him with copper wire trailing behind him is much more humane in most peoples eyes.
I agree. If my rear end is about to be Sparky's dinner, I could give a f*** less about humane treatment. Humane treatment is making your shots to the cranial vault.

I've also seen both spray and the taser deployed on a dog. No comparison. Yes, the taser is short lived (which I did concede in my first post) but the dog hauls @$$ with its tail b/t its legs when that five seconds of hell is over.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What the heck is it with people who cant keep their damn dogs contained or on a leash?

Just this morning, I was out working in the front yard with my wife and 8 month old son, when my lab starts barking and I look up and see this rather large boxer walking down the street. I put the lab, wife and baby in the garage and close the door. At about this time, this dog is in my drive way barking and growling at me I started to approach him to shoo him along on his way and at one point he charged me snarling. That was the last straw.

I opened the car to get my pepper spray to hose his a$$, when he takes off. I will be damned if I am going take that crap from a dog on my own property. The owner comes up to collect his dog and I asked him to keep his dog contained, and he started being a jerk about the whole issue and asked me what my problem was.

What the hell is the problem? I am in my own yard with my family being threated by what I consider to be a vicious dog. Damn lucky his dog did not get smoked. Under AZ I was well with in my rights to do so.......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts