Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will any BCG do, or are some better than others? The only thing I've heard/read about any is the chrome will come off of the DPMS. Any I should steer clear of? Some have a fairly large difference in price so I'm not sure if they're selling a superior BCG, or a name. Also, how do I go about having it and my barrel/bolt headspaced? I've got a new barrel on the way but still need the BCG and I'm not very familiar with this process. Thanks.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
i ordered a BCM BCG for my upcoming tacticool AR, how are they different from one lets say from delton?

DelTon is using what brand ???? More than likely they are not MPI tested, have the correct extractor insert (for a carbine), or the added help of the Crane O ring.

The barrel and BCG is not the place to go "cheap" on the AR

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
yea my current is a delton but I went BCM upper and BCM M16 BCG for the tacticool rifle I'm building. Delton upper will become the plain jane midlength with carry handle irons

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eta.....headspace is set on the barrel extention.
I haven't torn into an upper yet and I'm in the process of trying to build one. Are the barrel and extension two separate parts? The barrel that I ordered doesn't specify whether or not it comes with the extension. I was under the impression that they are together when buying a barrel. Bare with me, I don't have experience building/working on an upper.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
DelTon is using what brand ???? More than likely they are not MPI tested, have the correct extractor insert (for a carbine), or the added help of the Crane O ring.

The barrel and BCG is not the place to go "cheap" on the AR

DelTon uses DPMS in all actuality i believe that del Ton is owned by DPMS. if you notice other than selling RRA 2 stage triggers the only other AR company represented on thier sight is DPMS.

i am going to have to agree that with less than a $15-$20 differnce go with the LMT or BCM bolt.

but i really don't think you will notice much difference between any of them.

i am using CMT bolts and havn't had a single problem with them one has the "properly Staked" gas key and the others two have a top stake 1 has over 8k rounds and it hasn't budged. I also have an LMT BCG and Colt BCG and haven't noticed that one performed better or worse than the other.

My LMT doesn't get shot as much as my STAGs and Ive only shot the colt like twice it was more so picked up as an investment as the price was right.

the LMT is Owned by my living trust and will be handed down to my son and with what I have invested in it so far i would probably cry if i scatched so its so its more of a my LEGO toy show piece. my stags and S&W are my go to fun toys If OBAMA gets in and the price goes up enough for the Colt it will get sold. as of right now its all stock and i have no intention of decking it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts