Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these BCGs? Thinking that I will use this rather than the fail zero for my build. Fail Zero is nice but not buying into the "no lubrication needed" thing, a little over the top on the price too...

Thanks guys...oh and for those who were following it, the Red X Arms upper I was looking at has not been ordered. I am still feelin a little unsure about it...:confused:

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
744 Posts
What's the application for the BCG?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the application for the BCG?
Going to be a mid to long range varmint gun, I was originally looking for a 500-600yrd gun but have decided that in order to stick with this caliber I needed to close that range a little bit. I will be happy with getting out to 300 with occasional 400yd shots. Looking at the 20"-24" SS Bull Barrel in 5.56/.223 over a Spikes Tactical Lower with NM 2 Stage Trigger. I have another post on here that is in reference to optics. I am looking at the Burris Fullfield 3.5-10x50, here is a link to it but found it under 500.00 on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a good review in On Target.
Works for me too. Seems to build up less carbon and easy to clean.
Thats a plus, the standard bolt in my SW MP 15 gets pretty tough to clean sometimes...nothing a little soaking and patience wont take care of but, hey if it can be done easier why not...lol

·
Registered
744 Posts
Going to be a mid to long range varmint gun, I was originally looking for a 500-600yrd gun but have decided that in order to stick with this caliber I needed to close that range a little bit. I will be happy with getting out to 300 with occasional 400yd shots. Looking at the 20"-24" SS Bull Barrel in 5.56/.223 over a Spikes Tactical Lower with NM 2 Stage Trigger. I have another post on here that is in reference to optics. I am looking at the Burris Fullfield 3.5-10x50, here is a link to it but found it under 500.00 on Gunbroker.
Why not just go with a basic hard chromed BCG from a known manufacturer?

You can have a les baer for that $$$.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not just go with a basic hard chromed BCG from a known manufacturer?

You can have a les baer for that $$$.
I am not too familiar with the chrome ( I am actually pretty new to the AR platform all togehter) but have read and heard of the chrome peeling and chipping off of some of the chrome BCGs? Was kind of tryin to stay away from them...:confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
im in the same boat with the fail zero. i want to upgrade the one in my ar but for that money ill just wait till this one breaks... if that ever happens. who knows, i do have a rifle course at the end of august maybe ill make a decision after that

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm sure on some it does.

Depends on the quality of the coating. Any of them, including the ones you were interested in, could peel and chip off just as easily if poorly done.

Besides the tail of the bolt I've really never encountered much hard carbon build up, and even then a shot of bore blaster and about 5 minutes time it'll come off with a rag.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure on some it does.

Depends on the quality of the coating. Any of them, including the ones you were interested in, could peel and chip off just as easily if poorly done.

Besides the tail of the bolt I've really never encountered much hard carbon build up, and even then a shot of bore blaster and about 5 minutes time it'll come off with a rag.
Good point, I don't have much trouble with my SW bolt other than like you said on the tail of it and its not that big of a deal to clean...standard bolts do serve the purpose and the price certainly is less. Im not TOO worried about the cost but dont want to be crazy either. I just want a high quality, long life and very functional product for this build...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good point, I don't have much trouble with my SW bolt other than like you said on the tail of it and its not that big of a deal to clean...standard bolts do serve the purpose and the price certainly is less. Im not TOO worried about the cost but dont want to be crazy either. I just want a high quality, long life and very functional product for this build...
Daniel defense MPI tested complete BCG, it's what you're looking for.

Can either go for fluff(fancy coated bolts) or what you're actually wanting.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daniel defense MPI tested complete BCG, it's what you're looking for.

Can either go for fluff(fancy coated bolts) or what you're actually wanting.
LMAO...a little fluff is ok, but when the price for the "fluff" is 250.00 its not worth it! Will check out the Daniel Defense stuff! Thanks man, much appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts